Zoom is a secure and reliable video conferencing platform that supports all your communication needs like chat, meetings, phone, webinars, and other online events. Its free plan allows up to 100 concurrent participants, with a 40-minute time restriction. You can upgrade your account by subscribing to a paid plan. The paid plan supports 1000 concurrent participants for meetings for up to 30 hours. Since the Covid-19 pandemic, Zoom skyrocketed the competition for video conferencing services. However, it has been criticized for security lapses, poor design, privacy, and corporate data sharing policy. So, if you are not satisfied with Zoom and want to cancel your subscription, we’ve got your back. Here’s how.
Important: If you want to delete your Zoom account, you have to cancel your subscription first.
What happens when you delete your Zoom subscription?
When you canceled your subscription, your plan status will now be updated to Canceled. You will still have use of your paid plan for the remainder of your subscription term. If you would no longer like to have the plan canceled, you will be able to reactivate your plan by selecting Reactivate Plan on the Current Plans page.
How to cancel your Zoom plan?
- Go to zoom.us and log in to your account.
- On the left pane, click on Account Management and select Billing.
- Look for the plan you want to cancel under the Current Plans tab and click on Cancel Subscription in the far right corner.
- Now, click on Cancel Subscription.
- Choose a reason for canceling your subscriptions and click on Submit.
Now, your plan status will be shown as canceled and you’ll still have your paid plan for the remainder of your subscription term. If you change your mind you can reactivate your plan again.
Important: If you find Contact Sales in place of Cancel Subscription, you need to contact Zoom’s sales group to cancel your subscription.
How to get a refund?
If your account is eligible for a refund, a refund can be requested when canceling your plan through the web portal:
- Sign in to the Zoom.
- Click on Account Management, then click Billing.
- Find the plan you want to cancel under Current Plans.
- Then, click on Cancel Subscription to stop your subscription’s automatic renewal.
- If your account is eligible for a refund, click Need Help. In the next window, you will be notified of the amount you will be refunded.
- To agree to the terms of the refund and cancel your subscription, click on Cancel and Refund.
Note: To be eligible for a refund, an account must not have any usage since the last time the account was billed.
Want to delete your Shpock account? Check out our article, here.