Whenever you make a search on Instagram, the app looks for the suggestion that you might be looking for based on the account you follow and your recent searches. However, if you don’t want your Instagram search history to exists, you can clear it with ease, here’s how.
RELATED: Delete Instagram Account
How to delete search history on Instagram
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the ≡ icon at the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings at the bottom.
- On the settings page, select Security.
- Tap on the ( X ) icon on the right of the search you want to delete.
- If you want to clear all your search history, tap on Clear All.
- A confirmation popup will appear, select Clear All to finish.
How to clear your Instagram search history using a computer
- Go to instagram.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on your profile at the uppermost right corner.
- Click on the ⚙️ icon next to your username.
- A popup menu appears, select Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down to Account Data and click on View Account Data.
- Under the Account Activity, click on the View All option below Search history.
- Now, click on Clear Search History.
- Confirm by selecting, Yes, I’m sure.