Are you looking to delete your FreshBooks account? If yes, we’ve got you covered. This article will discuss FreshBooks and ways to delete a FreshBooks account. So, please continue reading this article till the end.
FreshBooks is one of the best cloud-based accounting applications accessible across all your devices. It is a web-based software as a service (SaaS) model which you can access through your desktop or mobile device. With FreshBooks, you can easily create invoices, view invoice payments, and handle all your standard tasks. In addition, FreshBooks provides subscription-based services like invoicing, account payable, time tracking, expense tracking, retainer, purchase order, fixed account depreciation, double-entry accounting, payroll integration, mileage tracking, management reporting, and many more.
As all financial data is stored in the cloud on a single unified ledger, users can easily access the same books regardless of which device and from where they’re using. Likewise, it also offers a free API enabling customers and third-party software vendors to integrate external applications with FreshBooks. FreshBooks also supports multiple tax rates and currencies. It also incorporates a payroll feature and a projects feature. The software is priced on a pay-per-use recurring monthly fee.
Moreover, you may want to delete your FreshBooks account at some point. You may have various reasons for deletion, like if you’re going to try out another accounting application if you want to take a break, if you’re tired of FreshBooks, and so on. No matter what your reasons are, we’re here to help you. So, please keep reading to know more regarding the FreshBooks account.
What happens when you delete your FreshBooks account?
After you cancel or delete your FreshBooks account, you won’t have access to your data like your client information, invoices, expense receipts, estimate & proposals, reports, and list of vendors. You can no longer use FreshBooks for handling your tasks, making invoices, viewing invoice payments, etc.
How to delete a FreshBooks account?
You can cancel your account if you want to take a break from your FreshBooks account or do not wish to continue using FreshBooks. Here, canceling your account is the same as deleting or deactivating. However, your data will remain intact and preserved so that you can reactivate it anytime in the future.
Before canceling your account, save your data, as you might need them for future reference. The steps can differ based on what type of data you’re trying to export or save, like client information, invoices, expense receipts, estimate & proposals, reports, and lists of vendors.
Let’s look at the methods to cancel your FreshBooks account.
Canceling via email
You can email and request the FreshBooks support team to delete or cancel your account. The FreshBooks email support is not only limited to canceling your account, so in case you’re experiencing some issues, you can send an email, and they’ll address your problem as soon as possible. Here are the steps to send an email to FreshBooks:
- Open your email address associated with your FreshBooks account.
- Click on Compose on the top-left side.
- Type [email protected] on the receiver’s address.
- Type Request to Delete my Account in the Subject section.
- Then, write an email regarding your issue or reasons for account cancellation.
- Click the Send button.
Canceling via website
If you’re a business owner, you can cancel through this method. To cancel your FreshBooks account, follow this given instruction first, go:
- Go to your FreshBooks and log in to your account.
- Next, click on the gear icon or Settings in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Billing and Upgrade.
- Then click on the Cancel your account link at the bottom.
Note: Now, a page will appear where you can leave a comment and cancel your account. If you’re being billed through Apple Subscriptions, you’ll need to use different steps to cancel.
If you see “Looks like you upgraded from your iPhone or iPad” on Billing and Upgrade, your FreshBooks account is on an Apple Subscription, so you have to cancel your account through an Apple device.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your name.
- Click on Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription you want to cancel.
- Scroll down and click on Cancel Subscription. The subscription is already canceled if there is no Cancel button or you see an expiration message in red text.
Note: If you’re trying to upgrade your account through FreshBooks directly, remember to cancel your subscription (no auto-renew) in your Apple account first.
How to downgrade FreshBooks subscriptions?
You can downgrade your paid subscription to a different plan whenever you want. Also, make sure you delete the active retainers, remove your team members and accountant, and reduce the number of active and archived clients before downgrading your account.
- Go to your FreshBooks and log in to your account.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top left corner.
- Click on Billing and Upgrade.
- Then, select Manage Plan.
- Click on the Manage your plan link under your current plan if you’re downgrading your plan to remove add-ons like Advanced Payments and Team Members.
- Otherwise, click on the Downgrade link under the plan you want to move if you’re going to downgrade to a different method.
- Make changes to your add-ons as needed, and click Review & Pay to save your changes.
- Now click on Downgrade to confirm. You won’t be charged until your next payment is due.
How to reactivate the FreshBooks account?
If you change your mind and decide to use your FreshBooks account once again, you have to sign in to your account and subscribe. Then, look at the given instructions to reactivate your FreshBooks account.
- Sign in to your FreshBooks account.
- Enter your card details like Card number, Security code, First name, Last name, and Expiry date.
- Click on Save.
Your account will be reactivated, and all outstanding payments (if have) will be retried.
How to delete the payments on FreshBooks?
Before canceling your account, you should check your payments. You should ensure that you have marked an invoice as paid or unpaid. Remember to cancel and delete the payment if you unintentionally marked them as paid.
- Log in to your FreshBooks account.
- Go to the Invoice section.
- Find and tap on the invoice you want to delete a payment from.
- You can see the payment linked with that invoice at the bottom.
- Now, tick the boxes on the left of the payment and click on the Bulk Actions button.
- Click on Delete.
- Click OK for confirmation, and your payment will be deleted.
Thus, follow the above simple methods to cancel your FreshBooks account via the website and send mail to the support team. Also, consider the process to downgrade the subscription, and think about what will happen if you cancel your account. We hope this article has helped you so far.