Had you downloaded unnecessary applications and now you want to get rid of them? If you get an android phone that was previously used by other person and you found that phones’ internal memory is all filled with dumb applications that don’t have any utility for you. You want to free up some space on your phone to improve its performance.
No matter whatever is the reason for deleting the application, you can easily delete apps on Android smartphone. Here in this article, we will discuss the procedure to delete apps on Android you downloaded from the Google Play store.
Steps to Delete Apps on Android Permanently
- Open settings application.
To open settings app tap on menu icon of your smartphone and from among the list of application tap on the gear icon.
- In the settings page scroll down and tap the “Apps” or “Application” option.
If you have enabled tab option to view the files on your Android phone, then you will find “Apps” or “Application” option in the General Tab.
- Once you tap on Apps option, you will see the list of the entire application installed on your phone. Scroll down and find the application that you want to delete.
- Once you tap on the app you want to remove from your phone you will see all the details of the application. Now all you have to do is tap on uninstall (delete) option at the top of the page just below the name of the application.
- A confirmation window will pop up. Tap on OK option to confirm that you are sure about deleting the application. That’s it. The application is now deleted from your phone.
In some Android phone, there is a shortcut to remove any app that you have downloaded from Play Store. You can just tap the menu and find the application you want to delete. Tap and hold the app’s icon. You will find the uninstall option on the top of the screen. Drag the application that you are holding to the uninstall tab and release it. A confirmation window will appear, tap on the Ok option and the application will be deleted from your phone.
You can no longer use any feature of the deleted application. If you feel the need of that application, you have no option than downloading the app from Google Play Store again.
However, if the applications are the one, that is pre-loaded by the manufacturer of the phone then it quite troublesome to delete them. To eliminate the preloaded application, you have to root your phone and get the job done.