DoorDash is an American company that operates an online food ordering and food delivery platform. It has been widely criticized for its lousy customer service regarding the slow delivery and unresponsive customer support. If you are one of the many customers who want to get rid of DoorDash, you can easily delete your account. Here’s how.
Why should you delete the DashDoor account?
There are many reasons why should you consider deleting the DashDoor account. DoorDash has been the victim of a data breach where the sensitive information of millions of customers, delivery workers, and merchants was stolen. Likewise, it has been criticized for withholding tips, reducing tip transparency, antitrust price manipulation, listing restaurants without permission, and allegedly misclassifying workers. Also, DoorDash has suffered from various lawsuits.
This article includes the following guides:
- How to delete DoorDash account
- How to deactivate your DoorDash account
- How to cancel DoorDash subscription
Important: Deleting a DoorDash account is permanent.
How to delete my DoorDash account?
- Go to doordash.com and sign in to your account.
- Head into your Account Settings from the home page.
- Click on Manage Account at the top right corner.
- Now, select Delete Account and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
How to deactivate a DoorDash account?
- Go to the DoorDash Custome Support page.
- Type in your name, email address, and phone number associated with your account.
- Select Account from the Category dropdown menu.
- Select None as the Subcategory.
- Explain that you want to deactivate your account in the Description field.
- Now, click on Sumbit to send your account deactivation request.
A DoorDash Customer Support representative will update you about your account deactivation through email.
If you want to reactivate your DoorDash account, contact customer support for help.
How to cancel a DoorDash subscription?
- Launch the DoorDash app on your phone.
- Tap on the account icon.
- Select the Manage DashPass option.
- Tap on End Subscription.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to confirm.
On a Web Browser:
- Go to doordash.com and log in to your account.
- Tap on the ≡ icon at the top left corner of the page.
- Now, click on DashPass.
- Click on End Subscription and follow the on-screen instructions to confirm.
Note: If none of the above methods works for you, call DoorDash customer support at (855) 973-1040 and request them to cancel your subscription. Likewise, you can send an email at [email protected].
Can I cancel orders in Doordash?
Yes, you can cancel your orders in Doordash by using an app or website. You can also get a full refund if your order is not confirmed, but if a dasher is assigned you’ll only get a partial refund or no refund on cancellation. Follow this instruction to cancel your orders on the mobile app.
- Open your Doordash app and tap on Orders from the bottom.
- Select your desired order that you wish to cancel.
- Then, click on Help from the top-right corner.
- Choose Can I cancel my order? from the given options.
- Now, follow the prompts on the screen to cancel the order, like whether to get credits to your account or to get a full or partial refund to your payment method.
Follow this instruction to cancel your orders on the desktop web browser.
- Visit the Doordash website and log in to your account.
- Tap on the three lines at the top-left corner of your screen.
- Choose Orders from the menu list and select the order you want to cancel.
- Now, tap on Help from the right side of your screen.
- Select Cancel order and follow the necessary prompts.