Facebook doesn’t have a transcendent record when it comes to users’ privacy. In some recent incidents, they have been known for storing and selling your data. If you think you should get rid of Facebook due to privacy concerns, time consumption, or for whatever reason, deleting your account is the way to go.
What happens when you permanently delete your Facebook account?
Once your account is permanently closed, here are the things that come into effect:
- You cannot recover your account.
- You won’t be able to use Facebook Messenger.
- You cannot use the Facebook Login option on other apps and services signed up through your Facebook account. You may need to contact apps or website customer support to restore your accounts.
- Your messages sent to your friends may remain visible to them as copies of messages sent by you are stored in your friends’ inboxes.
Note: If you just want to take a break from Facebook, you can temporarily deactivate your Facebook account.
How to permanently delete a Facebook account on a computer?
- Visit facebook.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the ▽ (menu) icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Select Settings & privacy from the dropdown menu.
- Choose Settings on the next menu.
- Click Your Facebook information on the left pane.
- Click on Deactivation and deletion.
- Select Permanently delete account and click on Continue to account deletion.
- Click on the Delete Account button at the bottom.
- Enter your password in the popup menu, and click Continue.
- Select Delete Account to confirm.
Note: After 30 days of your account deletion, your Facebook account will be permanently deleted.
How to delete your Facebook account on Mobile?
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Tap on the ≡ (menu) icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to Your Facebook Information and tap Account Ownership and Control
- Choose Deactivation and Deletion.
- Select Delete Account and tap Continue to Account Deletion at the bottom.
- Tap on the Continue to Account Deletion button.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap Delete Account.
- Type in your password and click Continue.
- Tap Delete Account to confirm.
How to cancel your account deletion?
If you change your mind and want to cancel your account closure, you have to log in to your Facebook account and select Cancel Deletion within 30 days of your account closure. After 30 days, Facebook will begin your account deletion process and it may take up to 90 days to delete all your posts.
1 thought on “How to Permanently Delete a Facebook Account?”
I deleted my account because it kept logging me back in after deactivating, and I’d rather start from scratch if for some reason I want back on. I did create the back up, but when I try to retrieve photos, I get a window that says file not found or has been deleted. Luckily, I’m okay with losing everything, but wft???