Google Plus, Google’s answer to Facebook and other social networking sites is not doing well. Though they have high numbers of registered users, regularly active users are very less than Facebook or Snapchat. If you’ve created GPlus in the past and delete that account, then you are not the only one. Here are some simple instructions to delete Google Plus account and pages from PC and mobile.
Delete Google Plus Account via PC
- Step 1: Open http://plus.google.com/downgrade from Google Chrome or any other browser you prefer. Alternatively,
i. Open google plus page.
ii. At the left top of the page just below the Google+ sign click on the drop down menu.
iii. From among the drop-down options click on settings.
iv. At the bottom of the settings page click on “delete your Google+” option.
- Step 2: Sign in with GPlus profile you want to deactivate.
- Step 3: In ‘Delete your Google + Profile‘ scroll to the bottom and select the option ‘Required: Yes, I understand that deleting the Google+ profile for Your Name ([email protected]) can’t be undone and the data I delete can’t be restored.’
- Step 4: Choose the ‘Delete‘ option. Read the points carefully before deleting Google Plus, proceed only after reading and understanding consequences of account termination.
- Step 5: Once you click on ‘Delete’ you will be asked to select the reason for leaving Google Plus profile. It is a mandatory field. Account deletion process isn’t complete until you select at least one reason for leaving Google+ account. Click any reason from among the list provided or click on other and then click on ‘Submit’. You’ve now deleted Google Plus account.
Delete Google Plus Account using Android and iPhone
You can also delete your Google+ account via mobile phone if you don’t have access to PC. Follow the instructions given below to deactivate your account.
- Step 1: Open Google+ application from your mobile device.
- Step 2: Touch the menu icon. It is three horizontal line that lies at the top left corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Select the image of the account you want to delete. You will see the Google+ profile page.
- Step 4: Touch three dot arranged vertically at the right top of the screen. Then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Tap on your name and Gmail id under ‘Account‘.
- Step 6: Scroll down and select ‘Delete Google+ profile‘.
- Step 7: You will be redirected to Google account login page. Enter your Google+ password.
- Step 8: Tap on small rectangle box to the left of ‘Required’. Then tap on ‘Delete‘.
- Step 9: Tap on Delete and then on ‘Remove selected services‘.
Congratulation, you’ve successfully deleted Google Plus account. If you want to delete more than single profile, you can repeat the same process in other accounts as well.
How to Reactivate Google Plus Account?
Deleting Google Plus profile is not like deactivating Facebook where you can re-activate as your wish. Once you terminate GPlus account, you can not restore it as a result; you’ve to create a new profile, but services like Gmail and Google search are unaffected. So don’t delete it unless you are 100% sure.