Grindr is one of the most popular location-based online dating and social networking app for trans, gay, bi, and queer people. However, if you are fed up with Grindr, you might want to delete your Grindr account. Here’s how.
Important: Closing a Grindr account is permanent and removes all your personal information, including saved photos, chat history, and photos.
How to delete my Grindr account
- Launch the Grindr app on your phone.
- Tap on your profile at the top left corner.
- Tap Settings at the bottom.
- Tap on the Deactivate option.
- At the bottom of your screen, tap DELETE ACCOUNT.
- Select a reason for deleting your Grindr account or tap Skip at the bottom.
- A popup for data backup will appear, tap NO THANKS.
- Another popup will appear, choose DELETE.
- Enter your password and tap on DELETE PROFILE.
- Now, tap DELETE ACCOUNT to confirm.
Note: Deleting your Grindr account doesn’t cancel your Grindr XTRA subscription (for subscribers). You have to perform the cancellation separately.
How to close my Grindr account on iPhone or iPad
- Open the Grindr app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on your profile.
- Tap on the ⚙️ (settings) icon at the top left corner.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Delete Profile.
Want to delete your Tinder account? Check out our article, here.