ICQ is a popular cross-platform messenger and VOIP client. Nevertheless, if you don’t want to use ICQ anymore, you can easily close your account. You cannot delete an ICQ account from the app, you have to do it on a web browser. Here’s how.
Important: Deleting an ICQ account is permanent.
How to delete my ICQ account
- Go to web.icq.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on the ⚙️ (settings) icon at the bottom right corner.
- On the left pane, select Privacy.
- Click on the Delete my account link at the bottom of the page.
- A prompt will appear, click on Send SMS.
- Type in the received verification code and click on Delete.
Want to delete your Alibaba account? Check out our article, here.
Alternative method to close your ICQ account
You can also close your ICQ account by following the steps below:
- Go to the ICQ Account Closure page.
- Log in to your account.
- Enter your password and click on REMOVE ACCOUNT.