Indeed is a great website to find the right job for you. Nevertheless, if it didn’t work out or you’ve already signed up for a job, it might not be that necessary to keep your profile anymore. Here, we will guide you to delete your Indeed account.
How to delete my Indeed account?
- Go to indeed.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on the account icon at the top right corner.
- Choose Account from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Close my account link.
- Select a reason for leaving Indeed and click on Close my account.
What happens when you delete your Indeed account?
- You’ll stop receiving any marketing emails from Indeed.
- Indeed will send no more SMS to your linked phone number.
- Previously linked employers will still be able to contact you.
- If you sign up for a new account, your email preferences will be reset.
Want to remove contacts from your Yahoo Mail? Check out our article, here.
How to cancel your Indeed subscription?
If you’re an account administrator, you can remove your subscription from the Indeed website. After you cancel your Indeed subscription, you can continue to contact candidates till the next billing cycle and your subscription will be inactive. You can transfer the remaining contacts left in your subscription to another active subscription within 6 months. Likewise, contacts will expire 6 months after they are granted. You will lose access to job seeker names and contact information without an active subscription.
To cancel your subscription:
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to the Find Resumes or Resume tab in the top left corner. Or you can directly visit here.
- Click on your email in the top right corner.
- Go to Subscription Management.
- Click on More or three dots right next to your Standard Resume subscription.
- Select Cancel Subscription from the drop-down.
- Confirm again by clicking Cancel Subscription.
How to pause the Indeed subscription?
If you don’t want to cancel your subscription, you can pause your Indeed subscription. When a subscription is paused it will remain active until the next billing date, at which point the pause will go into effect. Remember that in the case of annual subscriptions the pausing might not go into effect for 11+ months.
Your subscription will remain paused for 6 months unless action is taken to unpause it.
To pause a subscription:
- Go to indeed.com/resume and sign in.
- Click on the Subscription management link in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the three dots icon or More from the right side of the subscription.
- Click on Pause subscription from the drop-down.
- Now, select Pause subscription.