Kik application occupies lots of space in your smartphone. If you find there are lots of applications on your device that can do a lot more than what Kik does you can delete Kik account. To delete Kik account just follow these simple steps.
Before closing Kik account consider these;
- The public name will be eliminated from Kik contact lists.
- You will no longer receive messages or emails from Kik.
- Kik username won’t be searchable anywhere by anyone.
- Your contact will shortly be deleted from the contact list of the persons that you have talked to.
If you still want to terminate Kik account then just follow steps listed below:
How to Delete Kik Account Permanently?
- Open the Kik account deactivation page from any internet browser you prefer.
- Enter the email address you have used while opening Kik account and click ‘Go!’.
An email will be sent to the email address. If you don’t have access to your email that you have provided while opening Kik account you will never be able to delete Kik account permanently. In case you have forgotten the password of the email account try recovering the password first before proceeding to delete Kik account. Otherwise what you can do is: change the email address attached to your Kik account.
- Open your email. At the bottom of the email that you have received from Kik click on “Deactivate Account”.
This will permanently delete your Kik account. In Kik, Deactivation and Permanently deletion of account are same. In case you want to take a temporary break from Kik account and intend to return back to the account without having losing any data then best option for you is to deactivate Kik account temporarily.
How to deactivate Kik Account Temporarily?
- Visit the page “Deactivate Kik Account Temporarily” on any internet browser you prefer.
- You will be asked to enter the email id that you have used while signing up Kik Account.
- Check your email. At the end of the email, you will see the option “Temporary Deactivate Kik Account“. Click the option and you will be asked to re-enter your password before your Kik account is deactivated.
You will no longer receive messages and you are not searchable however you can reactivate your account anytime you like. All you have to do is just log in with the same username and password. You will not lose any of the previous data in temporary deactivation of Kik account.