Mailchimp is one of the largest email marketing services. However, if you are fed up with Mailchimp and shift towards alternatives like ConvertKit, Constant Contact and others, you might want to delete your Mailchimp account. Here’s how.
Important: Deleting a Mailchimp account is permanent, and you cannot recover it.
How to delete your Mailchimp account
- Go to mailchimp.com and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile picture at the bottom left corner and choose Account.
- Click on Settings and select Pause or delete account from the dropdown menu.
- Ensure Permanently delete this account is selected and click on the Continue button.
- Fill up the short survey if you want.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, enter your password and click on Permanently Delete Account.
- A popup will appear, type DELETE and click on Delete Your Account.
What happens when you delete your Mailchimp account?
- Any outstanding balance will be charged before your account deletion.
- Every data linked with your audiences, campaign archives, and reports will be removed from Mailchimp.
- If you are a monthly subscriber and lately upgraded your subscription, you may owe an outstanding balance.
- All your data will be deleted.
Want to close your RuneScape account? Check out the article, here.