Messages occupy lots of space in your phone. Since the storage of iPhone is limited and not expandable, you should keep on filtering the unwanted items on your phone and free up some space for another purpose. Deleting unwanted text messages is the 1st thing you come up with while thinking about freeing some space in iPhone. Besides this, you may not want to see all unrequired and unwanted messages from telecommunication company and other senders. Or sometimes you might not want other to see some of your secret text. You don’t need to worry. Deleting messages from iPhone is very simple. Just follow these steps to delete messages on iPhone no matter whatsoever be the reason.
Procedure to Delete Entire Message Thread on iPhone
- Go to the messaging app: Go to the message application on your iPhone. You will see the list of all the messages you have received from all the senders.
- Tap on Edit: Tap Edit option on the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the Sender: Select the sender whose messages you want to delete. Remember that this will delete entire conversation thread with the selected sender.
- Delete Messages on iPhone: Once you have selected all the senders you want to remove tap on delete option. Delete option lies towards the bottom right corner of the screen. Confirm your choice and all the messages from the selected number of will be erased permanently.
Steps to Delete Particular Messages on iPhone
- Go to iPhone Messaging application: Go to the message application on your iPhone. It is the light green color thinking bubble icon.
- Open message: You will see the list of a sender. Tap on the sender whose particular message you want to delete.
- Tap and Hold: Tap and hold the particular message you want to remove. You will be provided with two options. Tap on more.
- Delete Messages on iPhone: One you tap on more you will see the delete option at the bottom left corner of the screen. Tap on delete and the message you have selected will be removed.
If you want to delete the entire thread of conversation with that sender, tap on delete all at the top left of the screen.