Couchsurfing is a great community website for travelers where they can create a profile and let other members know about yourself. Couchsurfing lets members enjoy free accommodation in a local’s home, host a traveler in your home, or meet members from around the globe. However, not everything lasts forever. If you think it’s time to say goodbye to the travelers’ community, you might want to delete your Couchsurfing account. Here, we will guide you to delete your Couchsurfing account permanently. If you just want to take a break from Couchsurfing, you can instead deactivate your account.
How to permanently delete your Couchsurfing account
Before getting started, copy your profile link as you need it later while submitting your account closure request. For example: https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/tenten-cerpa
- Visit the Couchsurfing Request Submission page.
- Choose My Account in Category menu.
- Select Reactivate/Deactivate/Delete in Sub Category.
- In “What do you need help with?” select Deactivate or delete my account.
- Enter your email address at the top.
- Scroll down and type REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT CLOSURE in the Subject field.
- Write a description explaining your account deletion.
- Paste your profile link and click on the Submit button.
- Now, Couchsurfing will review your request and reach out to you for any further procedure/confirmation.
Want to close your Strava account? Check out our article, here.
How to deactivate your Couchsurfing account
Deactivating your account will hide your profile, and you will stop receiving emails from Couchsurfing.
- Go to couchsurfing.com and log in to your account.
- Click Settings at the top right corner of the page.
- Choose Account & Settings frome the menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Deactivate My Account.
- A prompt will appear, click Deactivate to confirm.
You can reactivate your account anytime you want by logging back into your account.