Pinterest is an amazing social media platform to share images. Nevertheless, if you want to leave Pinterest, you can easily delete your account. Pinterest also allows you to deactivate your account if you want to take a break. We’ll show you both procedures.
Note: Once you delete your Pinterest account after 14 days, your account will be permanently deleted. Deleting your account will delete all your Pinterest account data.
How to delete Pinterest account on Phone
- Launch the Pinterest app.
- Tap on your profile at the bottom menu.
- Tap on settings icon at upper right corner.
- Choose Account settings.
- Scroll to bottom and tap Close account.
- Select Close account to confirm.
How to delete a Pinterest account on web browser (Desktop)
- Visit pinterest.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the (v) icon at the top right corner.
- Choose Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Select Account settings from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the Close account option.
- Choose a reason for leaving Pinterest and click Next.
- Click on the Send email button.
- Open the email sent from Pinterest and click on Yes, close account.
If you change your mind and want back your account, log in to your account before 14 days of your account closure. You’ll receive a link to restore your account.
How to deactivate Pinterest account from a desktop web browser
- Visit pinterest.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on the ( v ) icon at the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click Account settings on the left menu pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Deactivate account.
- Select Next on the popup window.
- Select a reason and click Deactivate account.
If you want to reactivate your Pinterest account anytime, just log in to your account.
How to deactivate your Pinterest account from Mobile
- Launch the Pinterest app on your phone.
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom menu.
- Tap on the settings icon at the top right corner.
- Tap Account settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap Deactivate account.
- Select Deactivate account to confirm.
What happens when you deactivate your Pinterest account
- No one will be able to view your Pins or your profile.
- You won’t be linked to Instagram, Youtube, Etsy or others.