Strava is a popular social networking app for fitness freaks. However, if you don’t want to be on Strava anymore, you might want to delete your account. Here’s how.
Important: Deleting a Strava account is permanent and unrecoverable.
How to close your Strava account
- Go to strava.com and sign in to your account.
- Hover over your profile at the upper right corner of the page and choose Settings.
- On the left pane, select My Account.
- Scroll down on the page and click on Get Started. It’s under Download or Delete Your Account heading.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom and check the I downloaded or don’t want to download my data checkbox.
- Click on the Request Account Deletion button. Strava will send a confirmation.
- Open the confirmation email and click on Delete Your Account.
- Click on Delete your account to finish.
Want to delete your Zoosk account? Check out our article, here.
What happens when you delete your Strava account
- All your data will and personal information will be deleted from Strava.
- Your Segments and Routes will be cleared.
- If you have created any public Segments or Routes, it won’t be deleted. However, if you want to remove any public Segments or Route, you have to delete them before deleting your account.
- Your name and posts will be removed from Strava Clubs.
- Any clubs created by you won’t be affected.
Here is a video on how to delete your Strava account permanently.