Telegram is one of the most secure and fast messaging apps with an end-to-end encryption system. It includes various interesting features like file/media sharing up to 2GB, phone calls, the recently introduced video call, and more. However, if you are using multiple messaging apps concurrently and have decided to leave Telegram, we’ve got your back. Closing a Telegram is a straightforward process as you don’t have to go through the app’s settings.
Note: Closing your Telegram account is permanent.
How to close your Telegram account
- Visit the Telegram Account Closure Page.
- Type in your phone number along with your country code and click Next. For example: if you are living in Nepal, enter +977 in front of your mobile number.
- Enter the confirmation code sent to your Telegram App and click Sign In. You won’t receive the code through SMS.
- On the next page, click Delete account.
- If you want to provide the reason for closing your account, type in on the “Why are you leaving?” field and click Delete My Account. As its optional, you can also click Delete My Account directly.
- A popup window will appear, select Yes, delete my account to confirm.
What happens when you delete your Telegram account
- All your data, including chats and contacts, will be deleted.
- If you’ve created any groups or channels, they will remain without a creator, but admins will still hold their rights.