Looking to delete the Thunderbird account and have no idea how to do it? Well, don’t worry, we are here to guide you. You can follow the steps to delete the Thunderbird account in this article. Keep reading till the end.
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source, cross-platform software client that allows users to send, receive, and manage emails by simply downloading them on their devices. Users are allowed to create and update their account information, upload their photos, register an email account, send and receive an email, and have conversations with the registered users. It lets users do quick searches and save them. Other than this, thunderbird also manages the newsgroup, news feed, and accounts and supports multiple accounts.
However, if you do not want to keep your thunderbird account, delete it. You can see the methods to remove your account permanently. Now, let’s get to know how to delete the thunderbird account.
Why delete Thunderbird?
Users are concerned about their data security nowadays. And, from this point of view, there are many other similar email applications available on the market that provides advanced security plan. This may be one of the reasons why users want to switch to other alternatives. Moreover, new features attract users, and the alternative of thunderbird might have advanced features that it doesn’t have. Thus, if you’re concerned about the above issue, then you should delete your account.
How to delete the Thunderbird Account?
If you’re fed with using Thunderbird, you can easily delete the account. Basically, there are two methods to delete a thunderbird account. They are deleting accounts through email and deleting accounts through your app.
- Go to your email account associated with thunderbird.
- Compose an email and write email@example.com on the email address.
- Type Request to Delete My Account on the Subject area.
- Then, write an email requesting them to delete your thunderbird account permanently from their database and to remove all your account information.
Through Thunderbird Software
- Launch your Thunderbird Software.
- Click on Tools at the top of the menu.
- Tap on Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on Remove Account from the bottom under the Account Actions.
- Click Ok from the bottom left of the Account Settings.
- Follow the given instructions to delete your account.
Can you create more than one email account on Thunderbird?
Definitely, you can create more than one email account on thunderbird. And it is easy to set up new accounts, you just have to click on Create Account and enter your email address. Then, give the password for that account and you’re done. Furthermore, you can add an email account by clicking on Tools > Account Settings > Add Account.
Want to recover deleted folder in Thunderbird?
- Click on three-horizontal bars or the menu at the upper right.
- Select File and tap on Offline.
- Now, click Work Offline.
- Right-click on the folder you want to recover and click on Properties.
- Click on the Repair Folder button under General Information.
- Now, tap Ok and your deleted folders will be recovered.
Therefore, you can follow any of the two methods above to delete the thunderbird account. We hope this article helped you so far.