Before moving on to the procedure to delete Tinder account lets know something about Tinder first. It is a dating app that connects with your Facebook account and then uses the information from your Facebook account and creates a Tinder profile. By accessing your location, it helps you find the person using Tinder dating app around you-connect with them and chat with them. If you find someone interesting, you right swipe them if the person whom you swiped right also swipe you right then you have found your match and you can start messaging them. It is one of the widely used dating application these days. Tinder claims that it registers more than 1 Billion swipes per day.
If you want to cease using Tinder, the account we are here to help you to delete Tinder Account by using a smartphone. Deactivation and turning off discovery won’t stop other user find you. You have to remove entire Tinder Account permanently to avoid other get you in Tinder. But before you delete Tinder Account keep in mind that once you delete Tinder account, you will no longer be able to see the matches you have found and conversation you have made. So, if you think you might need any of them in future, you’d better backup them first.
Steps-wise Guide to Delete Tinder Account from Mobile
- Access Tinder on your smartphone by tapping on Tinder app.
- Go to your profile. Tap on the profile icon on the top right of your home page.
- Move to settings Page by tapping on settings icon that lies just below your profile picture.
- Click on the Delete Account option at the bottom of the settings page.
- Confirmation sub-window will appear click on ‘Delete‘.
- Select the reason for leaving Tinder account and confirm. Tinder account will be deleted then.
Are these steps clear? If not see the steps with a picture that will help you to delete Tinder account using Tinder mobile application.
Detailed Procedure to delete Tinder Account
- Open on the Tinder on your smartphone by tapping the Tinder icon.
- Go to your Tinder profile. To go to the profile, click on the profile picture shown on the top right corner of your home screen.
- Tap on Settings option just below your profile picture to reach to the settings page.
- After you reach to the settings page scroll down to the bottom of the page and then tap the ‘Delete Account‘ option.
- Once you tap on Delete Account, a confirmation window will pop up asking you whether you are sure about deleting account or not. If you are sure confirm the deletion by tapping on Delete option.
- Tinder will now ask you the reason for leaving Tinder account. You will not be able to proceed further without selecting the reason. Therefore, select one of the reason for deleting Tinder Account. If you choose “Others” option you have to type the reason by yourself. Therefore if you have a specific reason to delete Tinder account and you want Tinder company to know about it then select Others option and provide the description thereof. Otherwise you can select any one of them randomly.
Your Tinder account is now deleted. In any case if you want to use Tinder again you can easily do so; all you have to do is open Tinder application and then just connect it with your Facebook account. However this will not restore all the previous information and history that you had in your Tinder account.