Previously it was too difficult to delete WeChat account. You had to email a request to WeChat support to delete your account mentioning the reason for deleting the account. Now, it’s comparatively easy to delete WeChat account. But before deleting WeChat do consider the consequences of deleting WeChat account.
- You won’t be able to log in and contact friends via WeChat.
- All the services linked with WeChat will no longer be accessed.
- All your profile information, including chat history, profile picture, etc. will be deleted permanently.
Below mentioned requirements should have complied before for deleting WeChat account
- You should have registered WeChat with the region outside China.
- WeChat version should be 6.3.10 or later.
- You’re deleting your account on a frequently used device.
- You’ve already set a WeChat password, and you haven’t forgotten the password.
- You haven’t reset your WeChat password within seven days.
- You have fewer than 3 failed password attempts on the same day when you request account deletion.
- You’ve canceled WeChat Pay if it was previously activated.
Steps to Delete WeChat Account Permanently
- Open WeChat application in any of your smartphones. You will see different options at the bottom of the page. Among the options tap on “Me”.
- You will now be directed to your WeChat profile. At the last of the profile page tap on the settings icon.
- In the settings page click on “My Account”.
It is the place where you will be provided with the options to make changes to your account like changing your phone number, changing WeChat ID, linking WeChat account to other email or Facebook account and much more.
- At the last of My Account page tap on ‘Delete Account’ option.
- Once you tap on Delete Account option, you will see Terms and condition of account deletion.
The term and condition page consist of all the consequences that occur if you choose to delete your WeChat account.
- Tap on the small rectangle just above the next icon to accept the terms and condition of WeChat deletion. Then tap on Next tab.
- You will be asked to enter the password of your WeChat account and a captcha code shown on the screen so as to prove that you are not a robot.
So, before starting WeChat account make sure that you remember your login password. Otherwise, you won’t be able to delete your account.
- Finally, enter the reason for deleting the WeChat account. Click ‘Delete’ option.
Now you will be out of your WeChat account.