Whatsapp is arguably one of the most used messaging apps. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, makes voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other content. However, if you don’t want to use Whatsapp anymore, you can leave it clean by deleting your account. Here’s how to do it.
What happens when you delete your Whatsapp account?
- All your message history will be deleted.
- You’ll be removed from all joined Whatsapp groups.
- Your Google Drive Whatsapp backup will be deleted.
- Your profile will be deleted.
How to delete your Whatsapp account permanently?
You may have different reasons to delete your Whatsapp account like if you don’t want to use Whatsapp anymore or you want to try out other messaging apps, or any other. No matter what your reasons are, you can easily close your account using your Whatsapp mobile app with some very simple steps.
- Launch Whatsapp on your phone.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Tap on Account at the top.
- Tap on Delete my account.
- Confirm your country code and enter your phone number.
- Tap on the DELETE MY ACCOUNT button at the bottom.
- Select a reason for leaving Whatsapp and tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
- Tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT to confirm.
Note: Your Whatsapp account will be deleted. If you change your mind and want to get back your account, you can reactivate your WhatsApp account. To do so, simply download the app again and sign in with your phone number. Your account will be reactivated and all of your previous messages will be restored.
How to change your Whatsapp number?
Changing your Whatsapp number will migrate all your account information, groups, and settings to the specified phone number. Here’s how to change your Whatsapp numbers.
- Open Whatsapp on your smartphone.
- Tap on the three-dot (menu) icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Choose Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Select Account at the top.
- Tap on Change number.
- Tap NEXT at the bottom.
- Enter your current Whatsapp number and your new number and tap on NEXT. Make sure your country code is correct.
- If you want to Notify the ones on your contact list about your number change, turn on the Notify contacts to toggle and tap DONE.
- Enter the verification code sent to your new phone number.
If you wish to delete your Whatsapp messages, please visit here.