Whatsapp is arguably one of the most used messaging apps. However, if you don’t want to use Whatsapp anymore, you can leave it clean by deleting your account. Here’s how to do it.
What happens when you delete your Whatsapp account
- All your message history will be deleted.
- You’ll be removed from all joined Whatsapp groups.
- Your Google Drive Whatsapp backup will be deleted.
- Your profile will be deleted.
How to delete your Whatsapp account permanently
- Launch Whatsapp on your phone.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Tap on Account at the top.
- Tap on Delete my account.
- Confirm your country code and enter your phone number.
- Tap on the DELETE MY ACCOUNT button at the bottom.
- Select a reason for leaving Whatsapp and tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
- Tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT to confirm.
How to change your Whatsapp number
Changing your Whatsapp number will migrate all your account information, groups, and settings to the specified phone number. Here’s how to change Whatsapp number.
- Open Whatsapp on your smartphone.
- Tap on the three-dot (menu) icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Choose Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Select Account at the top.
- Tap on Change number.
- Tap NEXT at the bottom.
- Enter your current Whatsapp number and your new number and tap on NEXT. Make sure your country code is correct.
- If you want to Notify the ones on your contact list about your number change, turn on the Notify contacts toggle and tap DONE.
- Enter the verification code sent to your new phone number.