Deleting WhatsApp account is very simple. But before you delete WhatsApp account keep in mind that you won’t be able to receive a message in your WhatsApp Messenger and you won’t appear in WhatsApp contact list of your friends. And you will be removed from all your WhatsApp group. If you still want to delete WhatsApp account just follow these simple steps.
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp Messenger application in your device.
- Step 2: Go to Menu option and tap on settings.
Menu option in WhatsApp Messenger is three small dots. The location of Menu icon is different in a different device. In Android phones, menu icon lies vertically on the top right corner, in Windows phone settings icon lies horizontally on the bottom of the screen towards the right and in Apple phone, there is no menu option; settings icon lies in the bottom right of the screen.
- Step 3: Under Settings in the drop-down list tap on “Account“.
- Step 4: Under Account heading tap on “Delete my account” option.
- Step 5: You will reach to a delete confirmation page. Insert your phone number and tap on “DELETE MY ACCOUNT“.
- Step 6: You will be asked the reason for deleting WhatsApp account. However, it is not mandatory to write the reason for deciding to remove a WhatsApp account. Tap on DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
- Step 7: A page containing the consequences of deleting the WhatsApp messenger will appear. Tap on DELETE MY ACCOUNT and your account is now permanently removed.