You can easily delete your Yahoo account in a matter of seconds. In this article, we provide you the full guide to delete your Yahoo account.
Why should you delete your Yahoo account
Yahoo was one of the prominent companies in terms of email service and search engine. But it is not that case now, with the recent data breaches and counterparts Google and Microsoft taking a huge leap forth, it might be the time to leave Yahoo.
Before deleting Yahoo Account
Deleting your Yahoo account doesn’t take much time but here are some important things you should know before proceeding:
- Alongside your Yahoo account, you’ll be able to access your Flickr account too.
- All your account data, including your Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo Contacts, Business Mail services, Yahoo settings, and others, will be deleted.
- Make sure to cancel all your active premium subscriptions linked with your Yahoo account to prevent unnecessary charges. You can only delete your Yahoo account if you have no remaining balance, and it’s been over 90 days since you’ve canceled any subscriptions. Visit the My Subscriptions page to cancel paid services.
- If you have any remaining balance on your Fantasy wallet, withdraw it as you won’t have access to your Fantasy wallet.
How to permanently delete your Yahoo account
- Visit Yahoo’s Account Closure Page.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on Continue to delete my account at the bottom.
- Type in your email address and click on Yes, terminate this account.
Your account is deactivated and will be permanently deleted after 30 days. However, accounts registered in Australia, India, or New Zealand have 90 days hold period. Meanwhile, in Brazil, Hong Kong, or Taiwan it’s 180 days,