GroupMe is a convenient way to have group chats with the feature of sending/receiving money with friends. However, if you don’t want to use GroupMe anymore, we’ve got your back. Here’s how to delete your GroupMe account.
Note: If you own any group, you’ll have to close or transfer the ownership.
How do I close my GroupMe account
- Visit groupme.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on the profile icon on the left.
- Scroll down and click on Delete GroupMe Account.
- A popup will appear, select Continue.
- Type in your password and click Continue.
How to cancel your GroupMe account on iPhone or iPad
- Open the GroupMe app.
- Tap on the ≡ icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Scroll down and select Delete GroupMe Account.
- Tap on Continue.
- Enter your password and tap Continue to finish.
How to close your GroupMe account on Android
You cannot close your GroupMe account from the app. However, you can enable Chrome’s Desktop site feature and follow the same steps as deleting your GroupMe account from a computer.
RELATED: Delete Instagram Account