Meetup is an online service for creating groups that host local in-person events, with over 35 million users worldwide. However, if you are fed up with Meetup and want to switch to alternatives like Bylde, GroupSpaces, or others, you might want to close your account.
Deleting a Meetup account is quick and easy, but Meetup labels this procedure as permanent account deactivation.
Note: You cannot delete your Meetup account from the phone.
How to permanently deactivate your Meetup account
- Go to meetup.com and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile at the upper right corner.
- Choose Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Deactivate your account.
- Enter your password and click on Submit to confirm.
How to delete your Meetup account created using Facebook, Google, or Apple ID
Users who signed up on Meetup through Facebook, Google, or Apple ID have to set a password for their Meetup account before closing their account.
Want to close your Tinder account? Check out our article, here.
How to create your Meetup password
- Visit the password reset page. Make sure you are logged in to your account.
- Type in the email address you use for your Facebook, Google, or Apple ID.
- Now, click on Submit. Meetup will send an email with instructions to create your Meetup password.