Since the collaboration of YouTube and Google, there is nothing as YouTube account. You use Google account to sign in to YouTube. YouTube is just one of the various services Google provides like Google Drive, Google Plus and much more. By deleting YouTube account if you mean to remove the subscription you have made, your watch history, liked videos and uploaded videos and any other activities you performed in YouTube, you can delete YouTube Channel.
This article will help you delete entire data of your YouTube account and delete YouTube channel. Just follow these simple steps.
Steps to Delete YouTube Channel
- Step 1: Browse YouTube.com in any internet browser you prefer.
- Step 2: If you are not already logged into YouTube, click on Sign in option at the top right corner of the page. Enter your Gmail account username and password associated with it.
- Step 3: Once you are logged in, click on the profile picture on the top right of your page.
- Step 4: Click on YouTube settings icon. YouTube settings icon is the gear icon at the side of Creator studio.
- Step 5: Under Overview, just below to your YouTube channel name click on ‘Advanced‘.
- Step 6: In the Advanced page click on “Delete Channel” at the bottom of the page.
- Step 7: You will be asked to re-enter the password of the account.
Enter it, and your channel including all the content will be removed.
Deleting Google product from Google account also deletes all the record of your activities in YouTube. The record includes comments made on YouTube, watched history and subscriptions. If this fulfills your intention then follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Google.com on any web browser.
- Step 2: Log in to Google account if you are not already logged in.
- Step 3: Click on the profile circle at the top right of the page then click on My Account.
- Step 4: Under Account Preference, click on ‘Delete your account or services‘ option as shown below.
- Step 5: Click on Delete Product. You will be asked to re-enter your password. Enter Google account password and you will be presented with the list of Google Products or services that Google provides.
- Step 6: Click on trash icon to the right of YouTube as shown below.
- Step 7: Click on ‘I want to permanently delete my content‘ at first. You will be then forwarded to the confirmation page. Check the boxes and click on ‘Delete Content‘ to confirm your choice. All your YouTube content will now be permanently deleted.