Consistency and quality content is the key to grow your Youtube channel. However, if you are not living up to your expectation and want to focus on your career somewhere else, you might want to delete your Youtube channel along the way. You cannot delete your Youtube channel using Mobile, so you’ll require a computer to follow these steps.
Note: Closing your Youtube channel is permanent and will delete all your content, including videos, messages, playlists, comments, and history.
How to close your Youtube channel
- Visit youtube.com and log in to your account if you haven’t.
- Click on your profile at the top right corner of the page.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click Advanced Settings at the bottom left corner.
- Click Delete channel at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your password to verify.
- Choose I want to permanently delete my content.
- Mark the checkbox and click DELETE MY CONTENT.
- A popup window will appear, enter your Gmail address, and click DELETE MY CONTENT to confirm.
It normally takes a few minutes to close your Youtube channel, but it may take a couple of days if you have loads of videos.