Cache is a volatile memory that stores frequently used computer programs, application, websites, and data to provide high-speed data access to the processor. All the information stored in cache memory will be erased once you power off your device. After you visit any website, the processor will first search the required information in the cache memory. It will access other sources only when the data is not found in cache memory. Cache memory makes the overall loading process of any program or website faster. However, in many cases, you find a problem in web pages like misplacement of content on the page, images not loading, etc. The 1st and foremost thing you got to do to solve such issues are to clear cache memory.
We will tell you how to delete cache memory from following major Internet Browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
- Safari Browser
Steps to Clear Cache from Chrome Browser
- Open Google Chrome.
- On the top right of the page click menu option. It is three dots arranged in a horizontal manner that lies at the top rightmost corner of the page just below the close [X] icon.
- Click on settings from among the drop down menu.
- Click on “show advanced setting” at the bottom of the settings page.
- Under Privacy option click on “Clear browsing data”.
- Select Cached image and file and the time range from when you want to clear cache memory.
If you want to delete entire memory, you may select from the beginning of the time.
- Click on Clear browsing data and the whole cache memory is cleared.
Steps to Clear Cache from Firefox Browser
- Open Firefox browser.
- Click on the settings. Settings icon is the three small horizontal line that lies on the top right corner of the page.
- Under settings click on history.
- Click on “Clear recent history” from the drop-down list. You can also reach the page with the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+Del.
- Clear All History sub-page will be reached. Make sure that Cache menu is selected under the details option.
Choose the time range from when you want to Clear cache. If you want to delete Cache from the beginning the select “Everything”.
- Click on “Clear now” and entire cache memory of selected time range is emptied.
Steps to Clear Cache from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click on more option that is three dots […] at the top right corner of the page just below the close page icon.
- From among the drop-down menu click on settings at the end of the list.
- Click on Choose what to clear option.
- Select “Cached data and files” and click on clear.
Steps to Clear Cache from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- On the top, to the right click on tool (Gear icon) option, just next to the star icon or you can use the shortcut key “Alt+X”.
- Click on Internet option from among the menu in the drop-down list.
- Click on Delete under Browsing history.
- Unmark preserve favorite website data.
- Mark “Temporary Internet files and website files” and “Cookies and website data”.
- Click on ‘Delete’ and all the cache of your internet explorer will be removed.
Steps to Clear Cache from Safari Browser
- Open Safari browser.
- Go to the Safari menu in the upper left corner of the page.
- Click on Choose preference and then on Advanced.
- Under Advanced click on “Show Develop menu in menu bar”.
- Now click on Develop option in the menu bar.
- From among the drop-down list click on “Empty Cache”.