Deleting downloaded files in a computer and mobile are relatively easy and quick task. In desktop whenever you delete a file, it moves to the recycle bin for you to recovery later if you change your mind. You can also delete files permanently bypassing Recycle bin. Whereas in smartphones, there’s no such thing as recycle bin. Here’s how to delete downloaded files on your desktop or mobile.
Delete Downloads in Desktop or Laptop
- Launch the Windows Explorer (also known as File Explorer) on your Windows computer. You can also press Windows + E to open it.
- Click Downloads on the left pane or double-click Downloads folder in the main window.
- Right-click on the file you want to remove and select Delete or press Delete key on your keyboard.
- If you want to delete multiple files at once
How to delete files bypassing Recycle Bin
Note: Deleting files/folder by bypassing Recycle Bin will permanently delete it.
- Select the file or folder you want to delete.
- Press Shift + Delete on your keyboard.
- Select Yes in the popup menu to confirm.
Steps to delete Downloads in Mobile
- Launch the Files app on your phone.
- Select Internal Storage or External Storage (SD Card).
- Open the Download folder.
- Tap and hold on the file you want to remove and tap Delete.
- Confirm the file deletion.