There’s no one denying the fact that Uber is one of the most popular ride-sharing apps. However, not everyone likes Uber and its service. It’s also been the talk of the town for quite a while for its criticisms and controversies. Nevertheless, Uber has made it easier for its users to leave Uber. Here, we will guide you through the steps to delete your Uber account.
Note: Closing your Uber account will also close your Uber Eats account.
How do I delete my Uber account using the Uber app
- Launch the Uber app on your phone.
- Tap on the ” ≡ ” (menu) icon at the top left corner.
- Select Settings from the side menu pane.
- Tap on Privacy.
- Tap Delete Your Account at the bottom.
- Sign in to your account.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap Continue.
- Choose a reason for leaving Uber.
- Tap Delete Account to confirm.
After 30 days of your account closure, your Uber account will be permanently deleted.
How to close Uber account using a web browser
- Visit the Uber Account Closure page.
- Log in to your account.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Continue.
- Select your reason for closing your Uber account.
- Click Delete account to confirm.
How to reactivate your Uber account
If you’ve mistakenly deleted your Uber account and want to recover it, log in to your account within the 30 days of your account closure.
How to delete Uber driver account
- Visit Uber Help Page.
- Click on SIGN IN TO GET HELP and log in to your account. Skip this step if you are already logged in.
- Type in your reason for closing your account or select one from the list and click on SUBMIT.
- You’ll receive an email from Uber for your account closure confirmation. Follow the guide as mentioned.