Unhappy with price surge? Not satisfied with their service or how they treat their drivers? Or you simply want to move to Lyft, Curb or other ride sharing service? Whatever be the reason you can easily delete Uber account and move on.
Follow the process below to deactivate Uber account.
Delete Uber Account Through Mobile App
Deleting or uninstalling Uber app from phone won’t delete your account. You have to complete this deactivation process.
- Step 1: Select Uber app from your device. (iPhone or Android device)
- Step 2: Open Uber menu and tap on ‘Settings’.
- Step 3: Scroll down little and touch on the option ‘Privacy Settings’.
- Step 4: Tap on ‘Delete Your Account’.
- Step 5: The app will ask you to verify your password. Enter your password and verify.
- Step 6: You will see the message from Uber saying, your account will be deactivated immediately and permanently deleted after 30 days. Tap ‘Continue’.
- Step 7: Choose the reason why you are leaving Uber. Touch ‘Delete’ and you Uber account is deleted.
Delete Uber Account via Web Browser
- Visit account deletion page.
- Sign in with your Uber login credentials.
- Answer ‘Yes’ to the question ‘Do you wish to delete your account?’.
- Under Share details, you can write why you are leaving Uber. And hit submit. Your account deletion process is started.
How to use Uber Account Again After Deleting It?
You can download Uber and register with it again. But if you change your mind within 30 days of deactivation, your data remains intact.