Unhappy with price surge? Not satisfied with their service or how they treat their drivers? Or you want to move to Lyft, Curb or other ride-sharing services? Or you just got yourself a new car, and you don’t need Uber anymore. Whatever be the reason you can easily delete Uber account and move on.
Follow the process below to deactivate Uber account.
Delete Uber Account Through Mobile App
Deleting or uninstalling Uber app from phone won’t delete your account. You have to complete this deactivation process.
- Step 1: Select the Uber app from any of your devices. (iPhone or Android device)
- Step 2: Open the Uber menu and tap on ‘Settings’.
- Step 3: Scroll down little and tap on ‘Privacy Settings’ option.
- Step 4: Tap on ‘Delete Your Account’.
- Step 5: As you tap on delete?Your Account” the app will ask you to verify your password. Enter your password and verify.
- Step 6: You will see the message from Uber saying, your account will be deactivated immediately and permanently deleted after 30 days. Tap ‘Continue’.
- Step 7: Once you tap on continue, the Uber app will ask you to choose the reason for leaving Uber.? After that, you have to select the reason you consider as the main reason for leaving Uber, Select the reason and then tap on ‘Delete’. Your Uber account will be deleted now.
Remove the Uber Account via Web Browser
- First of all, visit Uber account deletion page.
- After that, sign in with login credentials of the Uber account that you want to delete.
- Answer ‘Yes’ to the question ‘Do you wish to delete your account?’.
- Under Share details, you can write why you are leaving Uber and hit submit. This will immediately start your account deletion process.
How to use Uber Account Again After Deleting It?
If you change your mind within 30 days of deactivation, your data remains intact. You need to log in with the same username and password. Moreover, if you think of re-registering?Uber after passing 30 days from the date of deactivation you can easily register using old credentials as well.