Internet Explorer is a web browser of the old generation. People joke about it saying ‘You need internet explorer only once to download other browsers’. Microsoft tries to improve the image of IE by making it faster and secure but unable to match its competitors. Microsoft has introduced brand new web browser ‘Edge’ to give a better browsing experience to Windows 10 users. As you have Edge and other options for web surfing, you can uninstall Internet Explorer without any hesitation unless you have any special feeling for it. You cannot delete Internet Explorer directly from program and features. Follow these simple guidelines to uninstall internet explorer from Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Uninstall Internet Explorer 11 from Windows 10
- Step 1: Open control panel. You can search ‘control panel’ from the search box in the taskbar. Alternatively, press windows key and R at the same time. A program Run box will appear. Type control panel and press enter.
- Step 2: Select and click the option ‘Programs’.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Turn Windows features on or off‘ option under ‘Program and Features’.
- Step 4: Click on Internet Explorer 11. A warning message will appear. Select ‘Yes’.
- Step 5: Restart computer and Internet Explorer uninstallation process is complete.
Uninstall Internet Explorer from Windows 7 and Windows 8
Deleting Internet Explorer is a little bit different in the older version of Windows.
- Step 1: Open control panel. To open control panel press Windows key and R at the same time. A program? Run box will appear. In the box type control panel and press enter.
- Step 2: Click on the program icon or letters.
- Step 3: Click on Uninstall a program under ‘Program and Features’.
- Step 4: You will see the list of all the program installed on your computer. From among the list of the program click on internet explorer and click on uninstall option at the top of the page.
- Step 5: You need to restart your PC after uninstalling Internet Explorer.
Reinstall Internet Explorer
In Windows 10 you can re-install Internet Explorer by reversing the same above mentioned steps. For Windows 7 and Windows 8 you’ve to download and install Internet Explorer again.