Want to get rid of the Basecamp account, but don’t know how to do it? Well, don’t worry! we’re here for you. You will get all your answers in this article below. So, keep reading it till the end to know the steps to delete the Basecamp account.
Basecamp is an online software service that lets its users manage and post their projects, internal communication, and check client work. It allows users to create and edit their account information, upload pictures, and upload their docs and files so that any other users can access those files to which you assign a project, post-project details, and announcement and chat live with members you assign your project.
Although you may want to delete your account due to some reason like if you want to try another similar kind of software, if you don’t want Basecamp anymore, or maybe some other reasons. So, if you do think you want to get rid of Basecamp, then refer to the steps given in this article below.
Now, let’s see what are the steps to delete your account.
How to Delete the Basecamp Account?
Before you delete the Basecamp account, make sure you want to do that because as soon as you remove your account, you won’t be able to enjoy Basecamp services anymore. However, there are two methods from which you can easily delete your account, they are from the Basecamp website and through emails. So, let’s look into the steps in these methods.
Delete the Basecamp Account Through Website
- Visit the Basecamp website and sign in to your account.
- After that, click on Account at the top right section above the search bar.
- On the Account page scroll down to Need to Cancel? and click on the link Cancel Your Account.
- After the confirmation page appears click on Cancel My Account to permanently delete your account.
Delete the Basecamp Account Through Email
This is the second method that will delete your account. You’ll just have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request them. Follow the instruction to write an email.
- Open your email address associated with the Basecamp account.
- Write email@example.com in the receiver’s email address.
- Type Request to Delete My Account in the Subject area.
- Write an email stating your reasons and request them to delete your Basecamp account permanently.
- Now, hit Send.
Delete the Basecamp Account Through Support Center
You can also contact Basecamp customer service to delete your account. For that follow these steps below:
- Go to Basecamp Support Center.
- Select any option you want by using the small triangular-shaped icon.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter the Request to Delete my Account in the Subject.
- Now, write messages in the given space.
- Click on Submit button.
What Happens when you Delete the Basecamp Account?
As soon as you delete the Basecamp account, they’ll remove your account data after 30 days from deletion, and also your information will be deleted from their backup data. You won’t be able to log in and use its services after that. However, if you change your mind and want to restore your account, send them an email before 30 days of account deletion as retrieving data for a single account from a backup isn’t possible, so restoration will not be possible.
How to Leave a Project?
If you want to leave any project because you don’t want to be involved in that project anymore, you can simply leave that project.
- First, go to your Project home screen.
- Click on Add/remove people from the page.
- Now, click on the Remove yourself link under your name.
- You’ll no longer see that project anymore.
Want to Take a Break from Basecamp?
If you’re an account owner or billing liaison, you can pause your Basecamp account. If you want a break for a while, you can pause your account for 6 months, without charge. After that, you’ll have to pay $10 per month. You can reactivate the account at any time. Your people and projects will be right where you left them.
- Click on Account and scroll to the bottom.
- Then, tap on Pause your account.
- Now, your account will be paused. If you want to resume it sign in to your account and click on the Resume button.
Thus, refer to the above simple steps to delete the Basecamp account from the website, email, and support center and consider what will happen if your delete your account. We hope this article has helped you so far.