Do you want to delete the Greenlight account and don’t know how to do that? Well, we will guide you with some simple steps to get rid of your account. Continue to look over this article till the end.
Greenlight account is a prepaid card and app to manage family finances from household chores and allowance to using and spending money online or offline. It allows parents and kids to have companion apps with two different experiences. Like, parents are allowed to select exact stores where their kids can spend allowance and manage chores, set parent-paid interest rates, etc. Whereas, kids can save, earn, spend, invest, and give money with their parents’ approval. Greenlight debit card functions as a prepaid debit card, parents need not worry about kids spending what they don’t have. Further, the Greenlight app offers a parent account for establishing chore plans and administering weekly allowance payments for the successful completion of assigned tasks.
Besides all these benefits, you might still want to delete the Greenlight account at some time. If you do, follow the given instruction carefully.
How to delete the Greenlight account?
You may have several reasons to delete the Greenlight account. Whatever your reason might be there are two methods that’ll help you to delete your account. One is requesting via email and another one is requesting the customer care team.
Delete the Greenlight account through the customer care team
You’ll have to drop a message at (888) 483-2645 or call them. Their customer care team will respond to your message and help you to delete your account. You can request for refund of the remaining amount in the Greenlight wallet. Further, they won’t charge you when you delete the Greenlight account.
Delete the Greenlight account through email
This is the next method that will delete your account. You’ll just have to send an email to cancelmyaccount@Greenlight.com and request them. Follow the instruction to write an email.
- Open your email address associated with your Greenlight account.
- Write cancelmyaccount@Greenlight.com in the receiver’s email area.
- Type Request to Delete My Account in the Subject area.
- Write an email stating your reasons and request them to delete your Greenlight account permanently.
- Now, hit Send.
Note: If you don’t want to delete the Greenlight account but want to take a break, you can deactivate your account. Under the deactivation, you need to log into your account within 30 days. Otherwise, the team will start the account deletion process. In case you feel the process is long or tiring.
How to cancel your Greenlight account and get a refund?
Before you delete your account cancel your subscription and get a refund. Please fill out the short Cancellation request form, and their support team will assist you in closing your account and refunding your remaining balance.
If can make call the support team at (888) 483-2645 to cancel your account.
If you want to get a refund, fill out the form and the support team will help you with that. The refund process will take up to 7 working days.
How to cancel Greenlight Debit Card for kids?
You can cancel your Greenlight Debit Card for kids from Android, iPhone, website, mac computer, and PayPal. Follow the steps given below:
To cancel your Greenlight Debit Card subscription on Android, you need to go through the following steps:
- Open the Google Play Store and sign into the Goggle account associated with Greenlight account.
- Click on the menu, then go to Subscriptions.
- Choose the Greenlight Debit Card for Kids subscription you want to cancel and tap on the Cancel Subscription.
- Now, finish up as directed.
From iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app and tap on your name.
- Tap on the Subscriptions. (Note that you might not automatically see this tab. In that case, tap on iTunes & Appstore)
- Then, tap on your Apple ID. View Apple ID then sign in and scroll down to the Subscriptions button.
- Now, click on Greenlight Debit Card (subscription) you want to review.
- Tap on Cancel.
Note: If you don’t see a Cancel Subscription button for Greenlight Debit Card for Kids, then it’s definitely canceled already. It won’t be renewed anymore.
From Mac Computer
- Open the Mac App Store, then click on your name at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click on the View Information at the top of the window and sign in if asked.
- Scroll down to the next page and Subscriptions then click on Manage.
- Click Edit beside the Greenlight Debit Card for Kids app and then click on Cancel Subscription.
- Visit www.paypal.com and log into your PayPal account.
- Click on the Settings beside the Logout button.
- Tap on Payments from the menu and click on Manage Automatic Payments in the Automatic Payments dashboard.
- Click on Greenlight Debit Card for Kids or Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc. from the list.
- You will be shown a confirmation page. Click on the Cancel Automatic Payments to be sure that you want to stop making payments to Greenlight Debit Card for Kids.
- Then click Done on the verification page to complete the Subscription.
You should follow the above steps to delete the Greenlight account and cancel your subscriptions. Thus, we hope this article has helped you so far.