Are you thinking of deleting the Udemy account? Well, don’t worry, we are here to help you. You can find steps to delete the Udemy account in this article. Keep reading till the end.
Udemy is one of the world’s biggest online learning platforms. It is mainly aimed at professional adults and students. It has over 46 million enrolled students, over 175,000 courses, and over 60,000 experts, and instructors, teaching courses in over 75 languages. Students are allowed to take courses to enhance their skills and they can get credit certificates. Udemy allows instructors to upload videos, PDFs, PowerPoint presentations, audio, Zip files, and live classes, and can have an online discussion. Courses are either free or paid depending on the instructor.
Besides all these uses of Udemy, you might want to delete your account for several reasons like if you don’t want to keep your account anymore. So, continue to read for further information on how to delete the Udemy account.
What happens when you delete the Udemy account?
Please be sure before you delete your Udemy account. Because deleting your account will remove all your data. Likewise, you’ll lose access to all the courses you’ve enrolled in, including your purchased courses. If a course was purchased within the past 30 days, however, you can request a refund before closing your account. So, think twice before deleting your account.
How to Delete the Udemy Account?
If you’re sure about the account deletion and don’t want to take courses anymore, you may proceed to delete the Udemy account. It is not too hard to process; in fact, it is very easy to delete your account. You can either delete it from the website or via sending emails.
Delete from the website
- Firstly, visit the Udemy website.
- Sign in to your account.
- Hover your mouse on your Profile or avatar at the top-right side of the page.
- Then, click on name from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on Close account at the bottom of the left nav bar.
- Tap on Close Account to remove your account.
- Enter your Password and click on Close Account for confirmation.
Delete via Email
- Go to your email address associated with Udemy.
- Compose an email and enter firstname.lastname@example.org on the email address.
- Type Request to Delete My Account on the Subject.
- Now, write an email requesting to delete your Udemy account and the reason for deletion.
How to Unenroll from a Course?
Obviously, you might want to unenroll from your course if you’re not satisfied or do not want to learn that particular course anymore. After unenrolling, you won’t receive any email notifications. With saying this, remember that all records of your course will be removed. So, it will be good if you archived your courses instead.
- Open your Udemy account and go to course player.
- Tap on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner.
- Now, click on Archive this course.
Note: You’ll be able to view the archived course under the Archived section of My Learning. But remember that archiving will not unenroll you from the course. So, if you want to unenroll from the course, follow these steps.
- As the above steps, click on three vertical dots of the course player.
- Then, click on Unenroll from course.
This will unenroll you from the course and remove all your course data.
Therefore, you should follow the above steps to delete the Udemy account. We hope this article has helped you so far.