Watching anime is fun and an enriching experience. But after finishing through a few good ones, it gets tiring and repetitive. And, it’s no fun watching the same thing with a bit of thematic variation, again and again. So, If you are tired of watching Japanese Anime and want to devote your time to doing something productive, you are in the right place.
I was in the same place as you; too bored and frustrated at the way I was wasting my time watching anime. I knew I needed to delete my Crunchyroll account in order to do something more fruitful. I did not know how to go about deleting the Crunchyroll account. So, I hope this article will guide you and help save your time and unnecessary hassles.
In this article, we will guide you step by step on how to delete your Crunchyroll account permanently. We will also answer the frequently asked questions in detail. So, without any further delay, let’s jump right into the topic.
What is Crunchyroll?
Crunchyroll is a website that provides access to over 100,000+ episodes from more than 500+ anime titles. It was launched in 2006 and has since become one of the most popular anime streaming websites. The site offers free content for all users, but premium members get additional features like ad-free viewing, faster downloads, and other perks.
If you have not used Crunchyroll before, then here’s what you need to know about it:
1) Free membership
For those who do not wish to pay anything, there is a free membership option available. This allows you to watch anime online without any restrictions or limitations. You can view as many episodes as you want, but you cannot download the videos. Also, if you decide to cancel your subscription, you’ll lose everything you’ve watched so far.
2) Premium membership
The premium membership plan costs $4.99 per month. With this subscription, you get unlimited access to all of the shows and movies. In addition, you can download each episode and movie at full speed. However, you cannot stream the video.
3) Subscription renewal
The subscription renews automatically every 30 days. So, if you don’t cancel it within that period, you won’t be able to use the service anymore.
If you have already created an account at the site, then you can sign in using your existing credentials. Otherwise, you need to create a new account. You can do so by clicking here.
How does Crunchyroll work?
To understand how Crunchyroll works, you first need to know some basic terms. Let’s look at these terms in brief:
Anime – An anime is a Japanese animated television series. These are usually based on manga comics, novels, or light novels. They’re typically released in weekly installments. Some of the best-known anime include Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, and Attack On Titan.
Manga – A manga is a comic book written in Japan. Usually, they contain longer stories than their American counterparts. For example, the story of Batman Begins takes place over several years whereas the story of Watchmen only covers a single day.
Manga chapters – Each chapter contains multiple pages. Most manga publications come with two volumes, which means that there are 12 chapters in each volume. If the publication comes in three volumes, then there would be 24 chapters in total.
Anime episodes – Every anime release includes multiple episodes. The number of episodes varies depending on the length of the original manga. For instance, the first season of Naruto had 13 episodes while the second season had 26 episodes.
Episode – Each episode consists of 25 minutes of content. There are different types of episodes such as opening and ending themes. Opening themes are played during the show’s intro sequence while ending themes play after the credits roll.
Episode title – The title of an episode serves as its name. For example, the first episode of Naruto is called “Naruto”.
Anime titles – The official English titles for anime releases are provided by Funimation. For example, the English translation of Naruto is titled “Naruto Shippuden”.
Crunchyroll is one of the most popular streaming sites where people can watch anime online. It was founded in 2006 by a group of University of California, Berkeley graduates. The company offers both free and paid subscriptions. Free users can view up to 10 videos a week. Paid subscribers can view more than 100 videos a week.
Why use Crunchyroll?
Watching anime has been an enjoyable pastime for many people around the world since the 1980s. But, back then, getting access to anime was difficult because most anime were not available outside Japan. Nowadays, however, thanks to the internet, fans no longer have to worry about this problem. In fact, watching anime online is now easier than ever before.
One reason why people prefer watching anime online instead of through traditional methods is that it allows them to watch whatever they want whenever they want. No matter what time of the day or night it is, viewers can always find something good to watch. Also, unlike when they watch anime through traditional methods, people who stream anime online do not have to wait for long periods of time to see the next episode.
Another advantage of using Crunchyroll is that it provides the latest anime releases. Since the site focuses solely on anime, it updates itself regularly so you won’t miss out on any new releases. Another benefit is that you don’t need to download anything. All you need to do is visit the website and press play. You will immediately begin viewing your favorite shows without having to install any software.
There are also some disadvantages to using Crunchyroll. One disadvantage is that the site does not provide subtitles. This makes it harder for people who speak other languages to enjoy anime. Another drawback is that if you decide to stop watching anime, you cannot simply unsubscribe from the service. Instead, you will have to cancel all your accounts with the site. However, this process is easy enough to handle.
Why should you think about deleting your Crunchyroll Account?
Deleting your Crunchyroll account can be very beneficial if you have been using it for long enough. Here are some reasons why you should consider deleting your Crunchyroll account:
1) You don’t watch anime anymore.
If you have been following anime for a while now, chances are you’ve seen hundreds of anime series. Some of these are pretty good, and others are just plain bad. Even though there is much great anime out there, it can still get boring to watch the same old things day in and day out. This is where deleting your Crunchyroll profile comes in handy. By deleting your Crunchyroll subscription, you’ll free up your time and energy to focus on other activities.
2) You want to use another service.
Another reason why you may want to delete your Crunchyroll account is that you wish to use another service. If you want to take advantage of the benefits offered by other services, it would be better if you created an account with them separately. For example, you could subscribe to Netflix or Hulu Plus and enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows.
3) You want to stop wasting money.
Finally, if you feel like you’re spending too much money on Crunchyroll, you should definitely think about deleting your account. There are different plans available depending on your preferences. From $6/month (standard plan), to $12/month (premium plan). The basic package includes 1,500 minutes per month download speed, whereas the premium package gives you 2,000 minutes download limit. Depending on how often you stream anime, these numbers will vary. So, if you’re not sure whether you really need to pay for Crunchyroll, you can always opt for the standard plan first.
How to delete the Crunchyroll account?
The steps below will help you delete your Crunchyroll profile. Remember that you must complete each step before moving on to the next one. Also, make sure that you follow the instructions carefully so as to avoid any problems.
Step 1 – Log in to your Crunchyroll account.
First, log in to your Crunchyroll profile by clicking here. Make sure that you enter your email address correctly because you will receive an email confirmation after logging in. Then click on “My Account” at the top right corner of the page. Now, scroll down until you see “Delete my account”. Click on the “Delete My Account” link.
Step 2 – Confirm your decision.
You will be prompted to confirm your decision to delete your Crunchyroll account. Simply click on “OK”, then proceed to the next step.
Step 3 – Delete your Crunchyroll account permanently.
Now, you will be asked to confirm your deletion request. Click on “Yes, I’m Sure.” Once again, click on “OK”, and wait for the process to finish. Your Crunchyroll account has been deleted successfully!
Or, you can contact the Crunchyroll customer service by clicking on this link. They do not have phone support yet.
How to cancel Crunchyroll Subscription?
Canceling your Crunchyroll subscription is easy. Follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Crunchyroll account using your email address and password.
- Click on “Subscriptions” from the menu bar at the top left side of the screen.
- Scroll down until you find the option to cancel the Subscription. Select this option and click on “Cancel Subscription”.
- Wait for the process to finish, then check your email inbox. You will receive an email confirming that your cancellation was successful.
- Finally, log out of your Crunchyroll account and close all open tabs. This will ensure that you cannot access your Crunchyroll account anymore.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to change your Crunchyroll Password?
Changing your Crunchyroll password is very simple. Just follow the steps below:
- First, log into your Crunchylog account using your email address.
- Next, click on “Account Settings” from the menu bar.
- On the next window, select “Password & Security”.
- Enter your current password and click on “Change Password”.
- A new password will appear on the screen. Write it down or save it somewhere safe.
- Finally, log out of the Crunchyroll account. Close all open tabs.
If you forget your password, you can reset it by following the steps below:
- Click on “Forgot Password?” from the login screen.
- Enter your email address and click on “Submit”.
- A message will be sent to your email address with a link to reset your password.
- Once you are logged in, click on “Reset Password”.
- A new password will appear onscreen. Write it down or store it safely.
- Log out of the Crunchyroll account. Close all open windows.
How to add a credit card to your Crunchyroll account?
If you want to use your own credit card instead of the ones provided by Crunchyroll, you have two options:
Option 1: Add a Credit Card Using PayPal
If you already added a credit card through PayPal, just skip this part. Otherwise, continue with the following steps:
- log in to your PayPal account (if you haven’t done so yet).
- Go to the “Payments” section and choose “Add payment method”.
- Choose “Credit/Debit card” and fill in the required information.
- Check the box next to “I accept terms and conditions”.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Fill in your billing details and click on “Next Step”.
- Complete the rest of the form and click on “Submit Payment Method”.
- If everything went well, you can now go back to the main Dashboard and log in to your Crunchyroll profile.
Option 2: Add a Credit Card Through Amazon Payments
This option requires that you have an Amazon Payments account. If not, please contact Amazon Payments Customer Support.
- Go to the Amazon Payments website.
- Click “Sign In” and sign up for a free Amazon Payments account if you don’t have one.
- Click on “Create New Account” and enter your name, email address, phone number, and other relevant information.
- Confirm your account and click on “Continue”.
- Sign in to your Amazon Payments account.
- Click on “My Accounts” and scroll down to “Amazon Payments”.
- Click on “Add another payment method”.
- Choose “Credit/debit card” and fill in the required information.
- Check the box next “I agree to the terms and conditions”.
- Click on “Continue”.
- Fill in your billing information and click on “Save”.
- Log in to your Crunchyroll account and proceed as usual.
How to transfer funds between my Crunchyroll account and my bank account?
You can easily transfer money between your Crunchyroll account balance and your bank account. Follow these steps:
- Log into your bank account.
- Select “Transfer Funds”.
- Enter the amount you would like to transfer.
- Select “To” and enter the recipient’s bank account.
- Click on “Send Money”.
- Wait until the transaction has been completed.
- Log in to your CRUNCHYROLL account.
- You should see the transferred funds.
- Click on “View Balance” to check how much money you have left.
- Click on “Deposit” to deposit the remaining funds into your account.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 until you are satisfied.
How do I change my personal settings?
Go to your Settings page and find the link labeled “Personal Information”. Here you can make changes to your personal information such as your username, password, e-mail address, etc.
How do I add more than one credit card or debit card to my account?
In order to add multiple cards, you will need to create a new user ID. This is because each user ID has its own unique set of credit cards associated with it. To create a new user ID, follow these instructions:
- Log out of your current account.
- Click on the “Login” tab at the top right corner of the screen.
- On the menu bar, select “Accounts”.
- Scroll down to “User IDs”, then click on the “+ Create User ID” button.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to choose a name for your new user ID.
- Type in a desired name and press “OK”.
- Your newly created user ID will be displayed on the list.
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the “New User ID” field and select your preferred language.
- Now you can add additional credit cards by clicking on the “+ Add Credit Card” button.
- For each credit card, enter the following details:
- Name – The name of the credit card.
- Expiration Date – The expiration date of the credit card. (This must be a valid date.)
- CVV – The three-digit security code is located on the back of the card.
- Amount – The amount that you wish to charge this credit card.
- Bank Account Number – The bank account from which you want to withdraw the funds.
- Payment Method – The type of payment method used to pay for the service.
- Status – The status of the payment method.
If you want to use this credit card for both online purchases and offline transactions, tick the “Offline” option.
Once done, click on “Add Credit Card”.
Now you can log back in using your new user ID. If you have any questions about adding more credit cards, please contact their support team.