Want to get rid of your Affirm account, but don’t know how to do it? Well, you don’t have to trouble yourself now. We are here to guide you with this article. Please continue to read this article till the end to know how to delete the Affirm account.
Affirm is a publicly owned traded financial technology that lets its users purchase goods or services offered by online merchants and pay off on a fixed monthly basis. One of the reasons to use Affirm account is, you will not be charged any late fees, prepayment fees, service fees, or any hidden charges. Affirm is excellent if you need to make an urgent purchase but do not have a credit card. Also, the interest rate offered on the purchase is much lower than what you would get elsewhere. It provides very simple, clear financing for your online purchases.
Although Affirm offers financial help when you needed, you may want to delete the Affirm account at some point. If you think so, then follow the steps mentioned in the next topic to permanently get rid of your account.
At first, you should know what exactly happens to your account after you delete it.
What happens when you delete the Affirm account?
Before you start your account deletion process, get to know some of the facts after you remove your account. You won’t be able to login into your Affirm account and view any of your loan histories. Also, you’ll not be able to apply for credit to purchase any items with them. However, your credit score will not be affected even if you remove your account. Moreover, you should pay off your purchases before that.
Let’s get to know some methods to delete the Affirm account.
How to delete the Affirm account?
You can delete your account by using any of the methods mentioned below. Currently, there are three methods, i.e., delete the account via email, via the website, or by contacting their Live agent via phone.
Delete the Affirm account via email
- Open your email address associated with your Affirm account.
- Compose an email and write firstname.lastname@example.org at the receiver’s address.
- Type REQUEST TO DELETE MY VERY ACCOUNT on the Subject section.
- Now, state your reason for deleting the account and request them to remove your account.
- Click on Send.
Delete the Affirm account via the website
- Open the Affirm website and log into your account.
- Click on the Help category at the top.
- Then, scroll down and tap on See All under Manage My Account.
- Click on Cancel My Account.
- Now, enter your phone number and email address in the form and state the reason for account deletion.
- Click Send.
Delete the Affirm account by contacting Live Agent
- Make a call at (855) 423-3729.
- Request the representative that you want to delete your Affirm account.
- Then, provide your account information.
- If you want a refund, request them to do that.
- At last, confirm about account deletion.
What happens when you don’t pay Affirm?
Although Affirm won’t charge you any late fees, if you don’t pay your loan, or if you pay late, it will take this into account and decide whether to approve you for future Affirm loans or not. Also, it will report your late or non-payment to Experian, which can damage your credit score.
Can you get a Refund?
If you want to get a refund, contact the store where you bought your item and request for refund. They will inform you know whether a return is possible and how much the refund will be, according to their own return policy.
As soon as they provide the refund, the refund amount will show up in your loan timeline within 3–10 business days, and your balance will be updated.
We hope that you got some insight regarding Affirm account, the process to delete your account, and what happens when you do not pay off your purchases. Thank you for supporting me till the end of this article.