Are you looking to delete the medium account? Then, you have reached a perfect page where you can see the methods to delete your account. So, keep reading this article till the end.
Medium is a great open platform for the readers to discover powerful thinking and experts and unexplored voices can share their thoughts on any subject. It was developed by Evan Williams in 2012 as an online publishing platform. A medium is a place where professional, amateur people share their blogs and ideas. It allows you to share posts and upvote or like them as in Reddit and contents can be allocated a particular theme as in Tumblr. Moreover, you can create a new medium account by using your Google or Facebook account.
However, you might want to delete your medium account for several reasons like you no longer have access to the email associated with medium or do not use medium anymore or follower problem, and so on. So, let’s get o know how to delete the medium account. But at first, you should know the consequences of deleting your account.
What happens when you delete the medium account?
If you’re only thinking of deactivating your medium account instead of deleting it, then all your data along with your profile will disappear from Medium. But you don’t have to worry because your account data will remain in their database. You can restore your account whenever you want by signing into that deactivated account.
Furthermore, if you do not want your account anymore, then deleting will be your last option. When you delete your medium account, all your data and your account will be permanently deleted. Follow the below-given methods to delete the medium account permanently.
How to delete the Medium Account?
There are many methods to delete a medium account. So, you can refer to anyone from below:
Delete the Medium Account from Mobile App
- Open Medium app.
- Then, log in to your account.
- Tap on three bars on the upper left side and go to Settings.
- Then, click on Account.
- Now, tap on the Delete Account button.
- Enter your Username and click on Confirm Deletion.
Delete the Medium Account from the Website
- Go to Medium.com and log in to your account.
- Click on Profile on the upper-right side.
- Then, click on Settings.
- Tap on Delete Account at the bottom of the page.
- Now, enter your Username and click on Confirm Deletion.
Delete the Medium Account by sending an email
- Open your email account, and register with Medium.
- Compose an email to [email protected].
- Then, type Request to Delete My Account on the subject field.
- Now, you can write your reasons for deleting your medium account.
Your account will be deleted after that. If you’ve logged into medium using Facebook or Goggle account, then remove them.
Remove Account from Facebook
- Go to your Facebook account and click on Profile.
- Tap on Settings and click on Apps on the left.
- Now, click on Remove right next to Medium.
Remove Account from Goggle
- First, log in to your Google Account.
- Go to connected apps & sites from the left navigation. A list of apps connected to that account will appear.
- Now, select Manage Apps.
- Select the Medium app and click on Remove.
This way you can remove the app and it will have no access to your account.
How to Cancel the Subscriptions?
Deleting your account and apps will not cancel your medium membership subscription automatically. So, if you have subscribed member then cancel your membership at first.
Cancel Subscription from Website
- Go to the home page of your medium account and click on your Profile.
- Then, tap on Settings.
- Now, click on Cancel your membership in the Membership section.
Note: If you’ve purchased a membership from Goggle Play Store or iTunes, remember to cancel your subscription directly from those services.
Cancel Subscription from Goggle Play Store
- Open Goggle Play Store app.
- Tap on your Profile at the top right.
- Then, go to Payments & Subscriptions and click on Subscription.
- Choose Medium subscription and tap on Cancel Subscription.
Note: If you’ve deleted your medium account or app without canceling the subscription, then you will still be charged. So, make sure you cancel your subscriptions first.
Cancel Subscription from iTunes
- Open your phone’s Settings> Your name> Click on iTunes & App Store.
- Click on your Apple ID at top of the screen.
- Then, tap View Apple ID where you might need to sign in.
- Now, go to Subscriptions and tap on Medium membership from the given list.
- At last, click on Cancel Subscription.
Thus, we hope that this article will help you to delete the medium account successfully.