Before moving on to the procedure to clear cookies and caches from Chrome first let?s know what they are and why should you delete them on a regular basis.
What are Internet cookies, Caches and browser history?
Internet cookies are the small files on our hard disk that contain the information about everything we do on the internet. The purpose of cookies is to store the report about you so that the web browser can use them to provide you the personalized service. But these days, hackers use these cookies to get the information about your personal information like credit card number, password of your email or other social sites, etc. So you should clear cookies to be safe from those mal intention persons in the internet world.
Cache memory is the small memory that is usually stored in RAM (Random Access Memory) which is used to store the general information about the programs that you frequently access. The main purpose of cache memory is to provide the fastest access to the program the information of which is stored in cache memory. Though cache memory occupies small space, it gets accumulated over the period and takes up huge space in your RAM. This ultimately results in slowing down of your devices.
Generally, every web browser stores the information about the sites you visit. The objective besides this is to make you able to keep track of the sites you have visited. Google Chrome stores the history of all the sites you have visited for the last 90 days. History of the sites you visit is accessible by all the people with whom you share your device. There is always one side of the person that they don?t want to share with anyone. To avoid other to know that side of yours do erase History of the browser from time to time.
As we are aware now that is necessary to clear your browsing data in the regular interval, let?s proceed further to the updated, simplified procedure to clear them on different devices
How to Clear Cookies and Caches from Chrome through Desktop/Laptop?
- Open Google Chrome on your device
- Click on the menu option. Menu icon is three dots in a column at the rightmost corner of the page, just below the close (cross) icon.
- A drop-down list will appear, from them click on Settings option.
- In the settings page, go to Advance settings option at the end of the page. This will expand the settings page.
- Scroll down to find the ?Clear browsing data? option. Then a sub window will appear.
You can also reach to this sub window by going to Menu-Tools-Clear Browsing Data.
There is also a keyboard shortcut keys combination to reach to this sub window ?Ctrl+Shift+Del?.
- When you reach the sub window, mark all the options that you want to delete. You can also select the time range since when you want to clear the browsing data from the drop-down list.
- After you mark all the things you desire to delete, click on ?Clear Data? option at the bottom of the page. This will clear all your Browser cookies, Cache Images and Browser history.
How to clear cookies and caches from chrome using mobile/tablet?
- First of all, go to the list of the application on your device and tap on Google Chrome Icon.
- After the application opens, tap on the menu icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Tap on settings option from among the drop-down list that appears.
- In the settings page go to Privacy?option. You can find this Privacy option under the ?Advance? heading in the settings page.
- At the last of the privacy page, you will find the Clear Browsing Data option. Tap that option to continue.
- After that mark all the things you want to clear. You can also select the time range from when you wish to delete the browsing data. Finally, tap on ?Clear Data? option at the rightmost corner at the bottom of the screen to clear all the cookies, caches and history.
Since you just clear cookies and caches from Chrome, you will now find a significant difference in your browsing experience like the suggestion of page you get, the processing speed of your device, the search result you get and many more.