You might have stored too many contacts that are not useful now. Or you may want to sell your iPhone to get a new one, or you may want to give away your phone to someone you know. Whatever be the reason you may want to delete some or all of your contact in the contact list of your iPhone. We are here to tell you that how can we do that. Follow steps to delete iPhone contacts:
Delete Individual Contact in any Version of IOS
- Open contact application from your home screen on your iPhone.
Contact application has the icon of a person inside a circle which usually lies toward the bottom of the home screen of iPhone. It will direct you to the list of contact you have stored.
- Find the contact you want to delete. You can swipe up and down to find the contact, or you can search the contact from the search navigation panel at the top of the screen.
- Once you locate the contact you want to delete, tap the contact. It will open the details of the contact you have entered if any.
- Tap Edit on the top right corner of the contact detail page.
- Swipe down to the bottom of the page and tap on Delete iPhone Contacts.
Contact will be permanently deleted from your iPhone and all the devices if your phone is connected to iCloud.
Want to remove Multiple/Entire contacts from your iPhone?
Steps to Delete Contacts iPhone Entirely
If you want to delete an entire contact on iPhone method as mentioned earlier will be tedious and time-consuming. Sad to know that iPhone doesn’t allow to delete multiple contact or complete contacts at once. To do so, you have to take help of any third party application. There are numerous applications these days that can be helpful for you to get rid of unwanted contacts on your phone. The use of one of such application has been illustrated here.
Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone using Groups App
- Go to App Store on your iPhone and download Groups application.
- Once the application is downloaded completely, open the application.
- Grant the Group application to have access to your phone’s contact.
- All the contacts on your phone will now be shown in the application.
- Swipe through your contact and tap on the small circle to the left of the contact to mark the contacts you don’t want in your contact list.
If you want to delete entire contacts, then tap on select all option at the top of the screen.
- Once you are done marking all the unwanted contacts, tap on delete contact in the choose action option.
- A confirmation window will pop up, tap on remove from my phone and all the contacts you have selected will be permanently deleted from your iPhone.