Found the love of your life and don’t need match profile anymore? Fed up with profile matching system? Or you don’t want to spend hard earned money on subscription? Whatever be the reason, if you want to delete Match account we are going to teach you how to remove Match profile.
Things to consider before deleting Match account:
- Your profile and photos will no longer be visible to other match.com members.
- You won’t receive any email/publications from match.com.
- If you change your mind, you can sign in with current login details (username and password) within a year from the date of deactivation.
- And most important if you are paid subscriber, don’t forget to cancel the auto-renewal of match subscription. Otherwise, you will be losing money for subscription without even using Match account.
Delete Match profile via a web browser
You can terminate match.com account from PC or mobile, but it is not possible to delete Match account through Match mobile application. So if you want to delete Match account from iPhone or Android, in spite of using the mobile application you have to do it from the mobile browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
- Visit match.com in any browser you prefer either from mobile, tablet or PC and log in with account details of the Match account that you want to delete.
- Hover over setting icon on the top right corner and click ‘Settings’.
- In the settings page click on change/cancel membership.
- A confirmation window will appear. Enter your Match account password again and tap ‘Continue Cancellation’.
- Before deleting match account first check your subscription status and cancel auto-renewal if you have any.
- Open ‘Cancel Membership and Remove Profile’. In the next page, membership cancellation notice will be shown.
Though you’ve deleted match profile and it’s removed from the app, you are not permanently removed from the match servers. Therefore, in any case, if you want to return to Match account, you can do so just by logging in again with same email/password. But you can do so only before 365 days from the date of account deletion.