With so many alternatives to choose from, including Facebook Messenger, Telegram, and Whatsapp, you might want to say goodbye to Viber as you don’t need to keep lots of messaging apps installed on your phone fulfilling the same purpose. Here, we will guide you through the steps to delete your Viber account but before that here are some things you should know.
Note: Deactivating your Viber account is the same as deleting.
What happens when you deactivate or delete your Viber account
- All your data including, call history, messages, and others will be deleted.
- You won’t appear as a Viber user to other Viber users on your contact list.
- Your other accounts linked to your Viber account such as Facebook, Twitter and others will be unlinked.
- You won’t lose your purchased Viber Out credit, but you have to contact Viber support and request in order to transfer the credit to your new account.
- Your contacts list will be erased from Viber’s servers.
Note: Deactivating your Viber account is permanent and you can’t restore your data afterward.
How to delete your Viber account permanently
- Open the Viber app on your phone.
- Tap More at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Select Settings on the page.
- On the settings page, select Account.
- Tap on Deactivate account.
- Enter your phone number and tap DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT.
- A popup appears, select DEACTIVATE to confirm.
Deactivate Viber Account from Desktop
- Open Viber on your computer.
- Click on the ⚙️ icon (settings) at the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Click Privacy on the left pane.
- Select Deactivate Viber and confirm by selecting Deactivate.
If you only want to get rid of conversations/messages or wish to hide or unhide chats, this article will help you out, How to delete Viber messages.