With so many alternatives to choose from, including Facebook Messenger, Telegram, and Whatsapp, you might want to say goodbye to Viber as you don’t need to keep lots of messaging apps installed on your phone fulfilling the same purpose. Here, we will guide you through the steps to delete your Viber account but before that here are some things you should know.
Note: Deactivating your Viber account is the same as deleting it.
What happens when you deactivate or delete your Viber account?
- All your data including, call history, messages, and others will be deleted.
- You won’t appear as a Viber user to other Viber users on your contact list.
- Your other accounts linked to your Viber account such as Facebook, Twitter and others will be unlinked.
- You won’t lose your purchased Viber Out credit, but you have to contact Viber support and request in order to transfer the credit to your new account.
- Your contacts list will be erased from Viber’s servers.
Note: Deactivating your Viber account is permanent and you can’t restore your data afterward.
How to delete your Viber account permanently?
- Open the Viber app on your phone.
- Tap More at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Select Settings on the page.
- On the settings page, select Account.
- Tap on Deactivate account.
- Enter your phone number and tap DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT.
- A popup appears, select DEACTIVATE to confirm.
Deactivate Viber Account from Desktop
- Open Viber on your computer.
- Click on the ⚙️ icon (settings) at the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Click Privacy on the left pane.
- Select Deactivate Viber and confirm by selecting Deactivate.
How to delete Viber groups?
In case you want to remove your Viber groups before deleting your account, you can do it by following methods.
Delete in Android
- Open your Viber app.
- Select the group you want to delete.
- Then, tap on the three-dots icon from the top-right corner of your screen.
- Click on Chat Info and select Leave and delete from the bottom.
- A confirmation box will appear where you will have to click on Leave and Delete.
Delete in iPhone
- Launch your Viber app on your iPhone.
- Select Chats from the bottom left. This will show your groups and recent chats.
- Tap the group name you want to delete and slide it to the left. You’ll see three options.
- Now, select the Delete option or the X icon on the right of the screen.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click on Leave and Delete.
Delete in Desktop
- Open your Viber app on your desktop or PC.
- Select the group you wish to remove.
- Tap on the Information icon or i icon on the top-right side.
- Now, click on Leave and delete from the bottom.
- Select Leave and Delete for confirmation.
If you only want to get rid of conversations/messages or wish to hide or unhide chats, this article will help you out, How to delete Viber messages.