Before knowing the procedure of deleting Viber account, you should be aware something about what is the difference between removing Viber application (uninstalling) from your device and deactivating (deleting) an account. Uninstalling the application from your device will not stop your friends or contact list seeing you in their Viber contact list. By just uninstalling Viber from device your Viber account will remain active for 45 days. If you want to cease using Viber account, completely the only way is to deactivate / delete Viber account. (Note that deactivating account and deleting account are the same thing in Viber).
We will explain you in detail about how to deactivate Viber account but before that let’s see what are the consequences of deleting Viber account.
- You will not appear in the contact list of other Viber user.
- Entire data including your contact list, groups and messages will be cleared.
- Your Viber account will be deactivated from all the devices you have logged in.
- Viber out credit will remain, but since you have disabled your account, you will have to contact Viber support to transfer the credit to any other account.
If you still want to deactivate or delete Viber account, then this is how you can do it.
Steps to Delete Viber Account from Mobile Phone
(iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone)
- Step 1: Open Viber application on your mobile phone.
- Step 2: Tap on options icon to the top left side of the screen. Option icon is the three horizontal line in the upper part to the left of the screen just above Chat tab.
- Step 3: Number of options will appear, swipe down and tap on Settings.
- Step 4: In the Settings page tap on the first option “Privacy”.
- Step 5: Go to the end of the Privacy page and tap on Deactivate account.
Once you tap on Deactivate account, you will receive a pop-up notification containing the consequences of deactivating Viber account. If you are still sure that you want to delete Viber, then tap on Deactivate. If you instantly changed your mind and didn’t want to Delete Viber account tap on Cancel.After you Deactivate your account, the Viber application is nothing more than a space occupier in your Smart phone so you can just uninstall it.
After you Deactivate your account, the Viber application is nothing more than a space occupier in your Smartphone so you can just uninstall it.
Deactivate Viber Account from Windows PC
- Step 1: Open Viber application on your Windows PC.
- Step 2: From among the various options on the top of the Viber application, click on Tools.
- Step 3: A dropdown list will appear. Click on Option at the last of the list.
- Step 4: You will now see Viber Setting sub window. Click on Account among the options to the left of the screen.
- Step 5: Now click on Deactivate Viber option. A confirmation window will appear once you click on Deactivate Viber, click on Deactivate and your account will be Deactivated for the time being and will be permanently deleted after 45 days.