Many users are trying to cancel Netflix account after it doesn’t allow users to access content over Virtual Private Network (VPN). And if you’re using Netflix free trial only or fed up with its service or you want to move to its competitor, then you can cancel Netflix subscription. Cancelling Netflix is an easy and simple task but be sure about the consequence of terminating Netflix membership.
Things to remember before canceling Netflix
- You will not get the refund for the remaining period. So even if you cancel Netflix, you will be able to watch till the end date of your billing cycle.
- There is not any other condition to cancel, and you can cancel it anytime you want.
- If you want to restart later, you can start membership again with ease. Netflix will not delete your watched preferences for ten months, so you can start from where you had left.
How to cancel Netflix subscription?
- Step 1: Login to your Netflix account and hover mouse over your name and a sub menu will pop up. Click on ‘Your account’.
- Step 2: Select ‘Cancel Membership’ under Membership & Billing.
- Step 3: In page asking ‘Cancel your Membership?’ Click on ‘Finish Cancellation’.
- Step 4: You will receive notice of the cancellation of your account and till when you can watch TV shows and movies.
Even you cancel Netflix you can start your membership very easily. You have to log in to Netflix and follow the above process until step 4 and instead of ‘Cancel your Membership’ you will see ‘Restart Membership’. You will get all viewing preference back immediately after restarting membership on Netflix.
How to cancel Netflix if iTunes bill you?
If you’ve signed up for Netflix via Apple TV or Netflix app for iOS and being billed through an Apple account, then you can follow the steps below to delete Netflix account.
- Open ‘Setting’ from the home screen of iPhone/iPad.
- Scroll down to ‘iTunes & App Store’ and tap on it.
- Tap on your Apple ID and select ‘View Apple ID’. It may ask you to enter your Apple password.
- Select ‘Netflix’ under subscriptions and tap ‘Cancel Subscription’ at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm the process, and your Netflix account will be terminated at the end of the current billing cycle.
Cancel Netflix through personal computer or laptop
- Open iTunes on your PC and log in with your iTunes account.
- Click on your name and choose ‘Account Info’ in the drop down menu.
- Apple may ask you to re-enter your Apple password.
- Select ‘Settings’ under Account Information.
- Select ‘Manage’ which is on the right side of Subscriptions.
- In the Netflix section, click ‘Edit’ and turn off ‘Auto Renewal’.
Now your Netflix membership is canceled.
Cancel Google play billing for Netflix
Uninstalling the Netflix app will not cancel your subscription. You must follow the instructions below to stop Netflix from charging your account.
Cancel via Android phone or Table
- Open Google play store from your Android device.
- Tap the menu icon. And select ‘Account’.
- Tap on Subscriptions and select Netflix.
- Select Cancel, and you will be charged for Netflix after the current billing month.
Cancel Netflix through a personal computer
- Visit play.google.com/store/account from a web browser and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Under Subscription sub-heading choose Netflix.
- Click Cancel Subscription.