If you are not satisfied with the email service provided by AOL or you, have better alternatives to AOL email like Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo then you might consider to delete AOL account. You can’t delete AOL mail alone by continuing other AOL services. To get rid of AOL email you got to delete AOL account and cease using all the services of AOL. Once you delete AOL account, you won’t be able to use any service provided by AOL like AOL mobile app, AOL photo bucket, AOL instant messenger, etc. If you are sure you want to delete AOL account then here in this article we provide a simple guide to delete AOL account.
Step by step guide to delete AOL account
- Open the link aol.com in any internet browser you prefer, or you can click here. You must use an internet browser to delete AOL account. You cannot delete AOL account using a mobile application or any other means.
- If you are not already logged in to AOL account, log in with username and password of the account you want to delete. In case you are already logged in you will directly be taken to the personal home page of AOL.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and then click on My Account.
- In My Account page, click on Manage My Subscription. Sometimes, after you click on Manage My Subscription you will be asked a security question; the answer of which will be the answer you provided while opening the account. In case you forgot the answer you can always reset the answer. For this, you have to click on “Forgot My answer” and then enter the code provided to you via email or SMS in the mobile number you registered in AOL.
- As you reach subscription page, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click on cancel. Now AOL will show you the list of the services of AOL that you won’t be able to enjoy if you leave AOL account.
- At the end of the page, you will see the spot to select the reason for leaving AOL. Click the down arrow and choose one reason for deleting an account. If you have a specific reason that you want the AOL company to know about then select the appropriate reason, otherwise you can randomly choose any of them. You won’t be able to proceed further if you don’t pick any reason.
- Once you select the reason to delete AOL account, click on Cancel AOL option below the select reason box.
Your AOL account is now marked for permanent deletion. You will again see the list of what you will lose now as you have deleted AOL account. However, AOL will take 90 days before it deletes you permanently. You can always come back in case you change your mind regarding deleting AOL account within 90 days. All you have to do is log in with the same username and password. After 90 days you won’t be able to do so, however, you can again sign up with the same username.