Bookmarks in the web are similar to the bookmarks we use while reading books. On the internet, if are in middle of something in any web page then we can mark it and make the internet save the page to retrieve it back whenever and wherever we desire. We can bookmark our favorite web page so that we don’t need to remember the link and enter them every time we want to browse the page. A bookmark is very important to service that every web browser have started providing these days may be in the different name. Nowadays we also get various applications and Add-ons to manage bookmark for us.
Though, bookmark feature is so important for any internet users, sometimes we may not want added bookmarks any longer. So in this article, we deal about how to delete/remove added bookmarks from different widely used web browsers.
Delete Bookmarks from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome in any of your devices.
- Click on the menu icon at the top right corner of the page. Menu icon is the three dots arranged vertically.
- You will see a drop down list. From among the list click on Bookmark > Bookmark Manager. You will see the list of all the pages you have bookmarked.
You can also use keyboard shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+Q” to reach to Bookmark Manager page directly.
How to Remove Single Bookmark on Google Chrome?
- Select the bookmark you want to delete. Click on the reverse triangle at the right of the bookmark selected and click on delete from among the drop-down list that appears. You can also right click on the bookmark you want to delete and click on delete from among the options that appear.
How to Remove Multiple Bookmarks on Google Chrome?
- Press shift and click on the multiple bookmarks that you want to delete. Click on the reverse triangle at the right end of any bookmarks and click on delete from the drop-down list that appears. You can also right click the mouse once you select all the bookmarks you want to delete then click on delete from the list of options that appears.
Remove Bookmarks from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox in any of the device you prefer.
- Click on Bookmark menu just to the left of star icon towards the top right corner of the page.
- You will now see a drop-down list. From among the list click on show all bookmarks. You will now see the list of all the pages you have bookmarked.
How to Remove Single Bookmark on Mozilla Firefox?
- Select the bookmark you want to delete and right-click the mouse button. A drop-down list will appear. From among the list click on Delete. The bookmark will be removed from the list.
How to Remove Multiple Bookmarks on Mozilla Firefox?
- Select all the bookmarks you want to delete. To select multiple bookmarks, press shift on your keyboard and simultaneously left click on all the bookmarks you want to delete. Or if you want to delete entire bookmarks click on the Organize tab at the top of the page and click on Select All option. You can also use shortcut keyboard key “Ctrl+A” to select all the bookmarks.
Once you are done selecting all the bookmarks, right-click the mouse button and then click on Delete from among the list that appears. Or click on Organize tab at the top of the page and click on Delete option.
Delete Bookmarks from Microsoft Edge
You won’t be able to find the word bookmark in Microsoft Edge. They use the word “Favorite” instead of Bookmark. To remove Bookmark (Favorite) from Microsoft edge just follow these simple steps:
- Open Microsoft Edge in any of your favorite devices.
- Click on the hub icon at the top right corner of the page. Hub icon is the three horizontal line arranged in a column that lies just to the right of the star icon.
- It will show the list of all the pages you have bookmarked.
How to Remove Individual Bookmark on Edge?
- Right click on the bookmark you want to remove from your bookmark list. Then from the drop-down options that appears click on Delete.
How to Remove Entire Bookmarks on Edge?
- Since the up gradation of Microsoft Edge during the end of 2015 Microsoft started storing the bookmarks in its database, so, there is no way to delete entire bookmarks at once except deleting the database file. However, it is not recommended to delete your database file since it may cause a problem in synchronization. Having said that, you can delete entire bookmarks from Microsoft Edge with the help of third party application like “Edge manage”.
If you don’t want to use third party application to do the job you have no alternative, then delete bookmarks individually. If you intend to do so, I would personally recommend you to use the delete button on your keyboard. It will be far more convenient than clicking your right mouse button every time. Just go to the end of your bookmarks list and keep pressing the delete button on your keyboard, it will delete your entire bookmarks in no time.