Zoom was a sort of lifeline for video conferencing services during the Covid-19 pandemic. However, various reports got viral about the lack of privacy and security measures in Zoom. With that being said, many companies and schools have shifted towards alternatives. If you are also going to leave Zoom, deleting your account is the way to go. If you have subscribed to Zoom, you have to cancel your subscription before closing your account. Here’s how to delete your Zoom account.
What happens when you delete your Zoom account?
As soon as you close your account, your profile and account will be permanently removed, including your settings, meetings, webinars, and recordings, from Zoom. You can transfer the user’s data (meetings, webinars, and cloud recordings) to another user before deletion.
Important: Deleting a Zoom account is permanent, and you cannot delete your account within the app.
How to delete my Zoom account?
- Go to zoom.us and sign in to your account.
- Click Account Management on the left and choose Account Profile from the dropdown menu.
- Now, click on Terminate my account.
- A popup will appear, and select Yes to finish.
How to close your Zoom account on Android or iPhone?
- Go to zoom.us and log in to your account.
- Tap on Profile at the top of the page.
- Select Account Management and then Account Profile.
- Tap on Terminate my account.
- A confirmation popup will appear, select Yes to confirm.
Note: Unfortunately, once delete your account, all the data will be gone and there is no way for Zoom to recover any info. The only thing that Zoom Support can assist with is helping to recreate some of the deleted meetings on a new user’s profile.
Thus, follow the above methods to close your Zoom account.