Wi-Fi is a great way to get connected to the Internet. However, if there are some previously connected access points that you don’t need anymore and want to delete them, we’ve got your back. This article will guide you to forget a Wi-Fi network on all platforms including, Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac.
RELATED: Delete Email Account on iPhone
How to delete a Wi-Fi network on Android
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Wi-Fi. If you didn’t find Wi-Fi, go to Wireless & Networks, and select Wi-Fi.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi if you haven’t.
- Tap and hold on the connected network you want to forget and select Forget network.
- If you are not connected to the network, go to your Wi-Fi settings. You may also find it as Additional Settings on some devices.
- Tap on Saved networks.
- Select the network you want to delete.
- Tap FORGET to confirm.
How to forget a network in Windows 10
- Open the Windows Settings.
- Click on Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi on the left side.
- Click on Manage known networks
- Choose the network you want to forget.
- Select Forget in the dropdown.
How to forget a Wi-Fi network on Mac
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Choose Open Network Preferences… and select Advanced…
- Click on the network you want to forget.
- Click on the (-) icon.
- Now, click OK and Apply to finish.
How to delete a Wi-Fi network on your iPhone or iPad
Note: The Wi-Fi network you want to forget has to be in range.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the (i) icon of the network you want to forget.
- Select Forget This Network.
- A popup will appear, tap Forget to confirm.