Apple Watch is arguably the best smartwatch in the market. However, over time you might run low on storage, and there’s no better way to clear up space than by deleting apps from your Apple Watch. You can delete both the defaults and third-party apps on your Apple Watch. Here’s how.
How to remove apps from Apple Watch
Follow these steps to delete third-party apps from your Apple Watch:
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Look for the app you want to delete and tap on it.
- Turn off the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
On Apple Watch:
- Tap on the Digital Crown to launch the apps screen.
- Navigate to the app you want to remove.
- Tap and hold on the app.
- Now, tap on the (X) icon that appears at the top of the app icon.
- Choose Delete App to confirm.
How to remove default apps from Apple Watch
After the release of WatchOS 6, users are allowed to delete some built-in apps on Apple Watch. Here’s how.
- Press the Digital Crown to open the apps screen.
- Tap and hold on the app you want to delete till it wiggles.
- Tap on the ( X ) icon at the top of the app icon.
- Select Delete App to finish.
List of pre-installed apps that you can remove from Apple Watch
Apple Watch features a large variety of built-in apps providing various features. However, they do tend to eat a lot of your precious storage. To remove built-in apps from your Apple Watch, you have to make sure you are running on WatchOS 6. Here’s the list of pre-installed apps you can remove from the Apple Watch.
- Now Playing
- Cycle Tracking
Built-in apps that you cannot delete from your Apple Watch:
Want to delete your Depop account? Check out our article, here.