DeviantArt is a massive online community featuring photography, arts, and videography. However, if you don’t want to be a DeviantArt member, you can easily delete your account. DeviantArt calls this process a permanent deactivation, but it’s the same, except keeping your profile alive to view previous shop purchase activity. Here’s how to close your DeviantArt account.
How to permanently deactivate your DeviantArt account
- Go to deviantart.com and log in to your account.
- Hover over your profile picture at the top right corner and choose Account Settings.
- Click Deactivation on the left pane.
- Now, click on Yes, deactivate my account.
- Type in your password and click on Yes, send me the verification email.
- DeviantArt will send you a confirmation email. Open the email and click on the DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT button.
- A new tab will open in your web browser. Click on Yes, deactivate my account.
- Choose a reason for closing your account and click Confirm.
Note: Your account will be permanently deleted after 21 days of your account deactivation.
What happens when you delete your DeviantArt account
- Your profile page will get erased.
- All your deviations and journals will be deleted.
- You cannot use the username again for another account.
- Any comments by you will remain, but your username will be striked and grayed out.
- Your profile won’t be deleted, but you can only log in to view your previous purchase activity.
- You cannot transfer any points remaining on your balance.
- You cannot participate in the DeviantArt community.
Want to delete Bookmarks? Check out our article, here.
How to reactivate your DeviantArt account
In order to reactivate your account, you have to perform it before 21 days of your account deactivation. You can only reactivate your account after 48 hours since deactivation.
- Sign in to DeviantArt.
- Hover over your profile and choose Account Settings.
- Click Reactivation on the left side.
- Enter your password and click Reactivate my account.