DeviantArt is a massive online community featuring photography, arts, and videography. However, if you don’t want to be a DeviantArt member, you can easily delete your account. DeviantArt calls this process a permanent deactivation, but it’s the same, except keeping your profile alive to view previous shop purchase activity. Here’s how to close your DeviantArt account.
How to permanently deactivate your DeviantArt account?
DeviantArt does not allow its user to delete their account permanently, but they can permanently deactivate their account. This means your profile will remain on the server. Follow these steps to deactivate your DeviantArt account permanently:
- Go to deviantart.com and log in to your account.
- Hover over your profile picture at the top right corner and choose Account Settings.
- Click Deactivation on the left pane.
- Now, click on Yes, deactivate my account.
- Type in your password and click on Yes, send me the verification email.
- DeviantArt will send you a confirmation email. Open the email and click on the DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT button.
- A new tab will open in your web browser. Click on Yes, deactivate my account.
- Choose a reason for closing your account and click Confirm.
Note: Your account will be permanently deactivated after 21 days of the account deactivation request. If you wish to reactivate your account, reactivate it after 48 hours of account deactivation and within 21 days of account deactivation.
What happens when you delete your DeviantArt account?
- Your profile page will get erased.
- All your deviations and journals will be deleted.
- You cannot use the username again for another account.
- Any comments by you will remain, but your username will be struck and grayed out.
- Your profile won’t be deleted, but you can only log in to view your previous purchase activity.
- You cannot transfer any points remaining on your balance.
- You cannot participate in the DeviantArt community.
Want to delete Bookmarks? Check out our article, here.
How do reactivate your DeviantArt account?
In order to reactivate your account, you have to perform it before 21 days of your account deactivation. You can only reactivate your account after 48 hours after deactivation.
- Sign in to DeviantArt.
- Hover over your profile and choose Account Settings.
- Click Reactivation on the left side.
- Enter your password and click Reactivate my account.
How to cancel your DeviantArt subscription?
Remember that as soon as you cancel you subscription, you’ll lose access to the content from that subscription plan. To cancel your DeviantArt subscription:
- Go to the Billing & Payment page from the profile drop-down menu list.
- Find your Active Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Next, ta on Cancel Auto-renew.
If you want to cancel your subscription from the creator’s page:
- Navigate to the profile of the creator you want to unsubscribe.
- Click on Subscriptions.
- Then, find the subscription plan you’re subscribed to.
- Hover on the Subscribed button.
- Click on Unsubscribe.
- Again, tap on Cancel Subscription for confirmation.