edX is a huge American online course website from Harvard and MIT providing university-level courses worldwide, including some free courses. However, if you don’t want to take classes from edX, you can easily delete your account and leave. Here’s how.
How to permanently close your edX account
- Go to edx.org and log in to your account.
- Click on the ▼ icon at the top right corner next to your profile.
- Choose Account from the menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Delete My Account.
- Enter your password and click on Yes, Delete. Scroll down if you don’t find a field to enter the password.
What happens when you delete your edX account
- Any earned certificates will be removed.
- All your personal data, including your profile will be deleted.
- You cannot use the same username or email address to create a new account.
Want to delete your UPS account? Check out our article, here.
How to delete an edX account created using Facebook, Apple ID, Google, or Microsoft
- Unlink your edX account from Facebook, Apple, Google, or Microsoft.
- Now, reset your edX account password.
- Apply the same steps as mentioned above.